(单词翻译:单击)
中英文对照
【中英文对照】
Today's fashions, such as slinky stilettos,skin-tighthipster jeans and cute hand-held purses, may look sharp but may not be all that great for your body . These tips will help you stay fashionable and comfortable:
如今的时尚单品,诸如细高跟鞋、紧身牛仔裤和可爱型的手包,看起来时髦,但穿起来对你的身体未必有益。下面的这些小贴士可以让你的穿着既时髦且舒适。
1. Wear high heels, but bring along a pair of flats to change into should your feet start screaming in pain.
穿高跟鞋的时候另备一双平跟鞋,当你感到脚痛的时候正好可以换上。
2. If shoes are uncomfortable when you stand, they're likely to feel even worse when you walk. The wrong shoes can affect the body's centre of gravity.
如果穿鞋站着都不舒服,那么走起路来会更难受。不舒适的鞋子会影响身体的重心。
3. While sitting for any length of time, take frequent standing breaks to alleviate atrophy of the hamstring muscles.
坐了一段时间之后,时不时地站起来活动一下,可以避免腿部肌肉的萎缩。
4. If you like tight clothes, choose items that allow you to perform daily tasks with ease. These days, body-hugging clothes are mostly made of stretch fabric--hooray!
如果你喜欢穿紧身衣服的话,也要挑选穿上能够轻松进行日常活动的衣服。不过叫人欢呼的是,如今的紧身衣大多是由弹性面料制成的。
5. When carrying a bag or briefcase, switch sides frequently to avoid placing the bulk of weight on only one side of your body.
拎手提包或公文包时,应该不时地两边轮换着拎,避免让身体的一侧负担过重。
6. Empty junk and other unnecessary items--old receipts, business cards, gum wrappers, etc--from your bag to make it lighter.
为背包减负,把包里的旧收据、商务名片、口香糖包装纸等垃圾和其他一些不需要的东西清理掉。
7. If you're driving or sitting for long periods, remove your wallet or card holder from your back pocket.
如果你长时间开车或者久坐,记得把钱包和名片夹从裤子后面的口袋里拿出来。
词汇讲解
【词汇讲解】
1. slinky stilettos 细高跟鞋
2. skin-tighthipster jeans 紧身牛仔裤
3. flats 平跟鞋
4. gravity n.万有引力;地心引力;重力严重性; 严肃,庄严
An apple falls down because of gravity.
由于重力的关系, 苹果往下掉。
He doesn't think you realize the gravity of the situation.
他认为你没意识到局势的严重性。
5. alleviate vt.减轻,缓解,缓和
The doctor gave her an injection to alleviate the pain.
医生给她注射以减轻疼痛。
6. atrophy n. 萎缩,衰退
Muscles may atrophy or lose their tone, but they won't turn to fat.
肌肉可能萎缩或失去弹性,但是它们不能变成脂肪。
7. hamstring n. 腿腱,旁腱
to cut the hamstring of(an animal or a person) and thereby cripple
割断(人或动物)的腿腱使之变为残
8. stretch fabric 弹力织物
9. junk n. 废旧物品,破烂物;vt.丢弃,废弃
I bought this old table in a junk shop.
我在旧货店里买了这张旧桌子。
We're going to junk these computers, they are obsolete.
我们准备换掉这些计算机, 因为都过时了。
句型和语法
【句型和语法】
1. If you like tight clothes, choose items that allow you to perform daily tasks with ease.
如果你喜欢穿紧身衣服的话,也要挑选穿上能够轻松进行日常活动的衣服
在这里perform daily tasks with ease表示"能够轻松进行日常活动"
2. When carrying a bag or briefcase, switch sides frequently to avoid placing the bulk of weight on only one side of your body.
avoid doing sth. 表示“避免做某事”
例如:We must try to avoid repeating these errors.
我们要避免重犯这些错误。
We shall try to avoid living a lie.
我们应努力避免过虚伪的生活。