(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Beth: I have always wanted to work in our sales department.
贝丝:我总想到我们的销售部门去工作。
Sally: Have you ever mentioned this to the sales manager?
莎丽:这你有没有跟销售经理提过?
Beth: No. I have never had enough courage to speak with him.
贝丝:没。我从没有足够的勇气去跟他说。
Sally: Sales staff must be able to talk to anyone without getting nervous. Why do you think you would be good in sales?
莎丽:销售人员必须有能力同任何人交谈而不感到紧张。你为什么认为你能干好销售呢?
Beth: Because I know our company products really well and I think I could sell them.
贝丝:因为我对我们公司的产品确实非常了解,而且我认为我可以把他们销售出去。
Sally: But do you have a silver tongue?
莎丽:但你有三寸不烂之舌么?
Beth: Not really, but I think I could learn.
贝丝:还没有。但我想我可以学。
Sally: I don't like the idea of getting paid commission. I like to know how much I will earn each month.
莎丽:我不喜欢按提成领薪的主意。我想知道我一个月能挣多少钱。
Beth: Maybe you are right and I should just stick with Human Resources.
贝丝:也许你是对的。我应该继续留在人力资源部里。
Sally: At least if you stay in this department we can still study English together!
莎丽:如果你留在这儿的话至少我们还可以一起学英语。