(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Gordon: I see your boss lent you his new Buick SLX, how does it handle?
戈登:我看见你的老板把他的新别克SLX借给你,这车开起来感觉怎么样?
Molly : It handles great.
莫莉:感觉好极了。
Gordon: I still have to ride my bicycle to work.
戈登:我还是得骑自行车去上班。
Molly : I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.
莫莉:我真庆幸这事没发生在我身上。
Gordon: Does the SLX have power steering too?
戈登:这辆SLX有动力转向装置吗?
Molly : Of course. Does your bicycle?
莫莉:当然有,你的自行车有吗?
Gordon: Of course not. Is it a safe car?
戈登:当然没有。那辆车安全吗?
Molly : At Buick they always say, "safety first." It even has air bags.
莫莉:别克的宗旨就是“安全第一”。车上还配有气囊。
Gordon: My bike could have air bags.
戈登:我的自行车也可以有气囊。
Molly : Only if you carried them in your book bag. You should really buy a car.
莫莉;除非你把它们放在书包里。你真应该买一辆车。
Gordon: Cars are getting more affordable.
戈登:车越来越便宜了。
Molly : That's the spirit.
莫莉:就是这个意思。