(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Gordon: I sure am glad to see you.
戈登:见到你真是很高兴。
Molly : Really, why do you say that?
莫莉:真的吗?为什么这么说?
Gordon: You are proficient with the computer program word 97, right?
戈登:你是不是对电脑程序word 97很在行?
Molly : You bet, that's right. So what can I do for you?
莫莉:没错,你说对了。有什么要帮忙的吗?
Gordon: I need you to help me polish and edit my invoice. Do you have free time now?
戈登:我想让你帮我润色一下我的工资申请单,你现在有时间吗?
Molly : It would be my pleasure to help you get proper payment for services rendered. Here we go, let's begin. Oh, you forgot to ask for prompt payment.
莫莉:很愿意帮你拿到工作应得的报酬。来吧,开始吧。噢,你忘了要求立即支付。
Gordon: Is that important?
戈登:这很重要吗?
Molly : Of course, the longer you wait, the easier it is for them to forget.
莫莉:当然,拖的时间越长,他们就越容易把这件事忘了。
Gordon: Is there anything else wrong?
戈登:其他的地方还有错误吗?
Molly : You forget to put your phone number on the invoice. If there were a discrepancy (difference), then the company would like to call you ASAP.
莫莉:你忘了在上面留下自己的电话号码。如果有什么差错,公司会尽快打电话和你联系。
Gordon: Thanks for your help.
戈登:谢谢你的帮忙。
Molly : My pleasure, any time. I know what it is like to be a freelance worker. Bye.
莫莉:别客气。我知道做兼职的感受。再见。