商务英语活学活用 找工作准备(4)
日期:2015-08-12 16:15

(单词翻译:单击)

Ⅳ.对话篇


---Mr. Deckard is the interviewer for the TERELL Corporation. Leon Wang is the eager applicant.---

迪克阿德先生是TERELL公司的面试者。里昂·王是热切的申请者。

Mr. Deckard: Come in, young man.

迪克阿德先生:进来,年轻人。

Leon: (while shaking hands) I am Leon Wang, nice to finally meet you in person, sir.

里昂:(同时握手)我是里昂·王,很高兴最后面对面见到了你,先生。

Mr. Deckard: The pleasure is all mine. I am the personnel director, Mr. Deckard. Please have a seat, son. [NOTE: calling someone "son" is usually a gesture of friendliness.]

迪克阿德先生:我的荣幸。我是人事总监,迪克阿德先生。请坐,孩子。(注:称某人为“孩子”通常是表示友善的一种姿态。)

Leon: Thank you. Have you received my resume?

里昂:谢谢。你收到了我的简历了吗?

Mr. Deckard: Actually, I haven't had time to look it over. Did you bring another copy with you?

迪克阿德先生:实际上,我还没有时间去看它。你带上另一份拷贝了吗?

Leon: Of course, there you are, sir. (Hands over the RESUME)

里昂:当然,给您,先生。(递过简历)

Mr. Deckard: Call me Mr. Deckard.

迪克阿德先生:叫我迪克阿德先生。

Leon: Certainly, it would be my pleasure, Mr. Deckard.

里昂:好,那是我的荣幸,迪克阿德先生。

Mr. Deckard: Why did you quit you last job at North Star? Aren't they a large company?

迪克阿德先生:你为什么辞去在北星的上一份工作?他们不是一家很大的公司吗?

Leon: You are right, they are a large corporation, but I felt my skills were not being used as well as they could.

里昂:没错,他们是一家大型公司,不过我觉得我的技能没有得到充分地利用。

Deckard: How can the TERELL Corporation use you better?

迪克阿德先生:TERELL公司怎么能更好地用你呢?

Leon: For example, I know you have several factories in Shanghai. I speak fluent Shanghai dialect. I would be glad to be travel between the cities and handle phone calls from Shanghai.

里昂:例如,我知道你们在上海有几家工厂。我说一口流利的上海方言。我喜欢往来于城市之间,并接听来自上海的电话。

Deckard: I see. Now, please tell me about your major while you were in college.

迪克阿德先生:我明白了。现在请你告诉我关于你上大学时主修的专业。

Leon: I hold a Bachelor's Degree in International Enterprise. My major was a combination of International Politics and Economics.

里昂:我有一个国际企业学士学位。我的专业是国际政治与经济的结合。


分享到