(单词翻译:单击)
Good morning, everyone. And welcome to the English for Academic Purposes Centre.
大家早上好 。欢迎来到学术用途英语 。
I'd like to begin by briefly introducing the services we offer here at our centre.
首先我想简单介绍一下我们机构提供的服务 。
First of all, we have a wide range of language courses.
首先,我们有许多各种不同的语言课程 。
In the first semester, we run an eight-week Conversation Class for students of non-English-speaking backgrounds, who wish to improve their fluency, grammar and pronunciation in English.
在第一学期,我们为非英语国家的学生开设了一个为期八周的会话班,他们希望提高英语的流利程度、语法和发音 。
The course is held on Tuesdays between 12:30 and 1:30.
本课程于周二12:30至1:30之间举行 。
So, that's one hour once a week. Please enroll with the secretary before Friday this week.
每周一个小时 。请在本周星期五之前和秘书登记 。
For those of you who are interested in developing your writing skills,
对于那些有兴趣发展写作技能的人,
we have a six-week course which runs for two hours between 4 and 6 on Wednesday afternoons, beginning in Week One.
我们有一个为期六周的课程,每周三下午4点到6点,从第一周开始 。
It concentrates on the writing skills needed for assignments in the Departments of Economics and Social Sciences.
它集中在经济学和社会科学系的作业所需要的写作技巧上 。
Students must be enrolled in either of these departments.
学生必须就读这两个系中的任何一个 。
You're probably not thinking about taking examinations yet, but later on, towards the end of the term, you might like to enroll in our Examination Skills class.
你可能还没有考虑过考试,但之后,在学期末,你可能想参加我们的考试技能班 。
The course runs for five weeks and two hours in a week.
课程为期五周,每周两小时 。
The course deals with the skills you need in both written tests and oral examination.
本课程涉及你在笔试和口试中所需要的技能 。
It is not necessary to enroll before the course starts. Just turn up for the first class.
没有必要在课程开始前报名 。第一堂课时报名就行 。