1. My father lets me become a doctor in the f _______.
2. Miss Li a _______ with me. I am very happy.
3. I went to China last year. That was a p _______ trip.
4. To his j _______, he can meet his old friends.
5. The teacher wants to help the students s _______all the problems.
6. These boring words are_______ (popular).
7. You must write down the words on the blackboard _______ (correct).
8. This is an_______ (amaze) story.
9. The children teach _______ (they) English.
10. He is _______ (prepare) his lessons.
1. She always wears a red coat at school. (改为否定句)
She _______ _______ a red coat at school.
2. Jim and Jack were born in the same year. (改为同义句)
Jim is _______ _______ _______ Jack.
3. We have been good friends for two years. (对划线部分提问)
_______ _______ _______ you been good friends?
4. He is a worker. I am a worker, too. (用both... and 改成一个句子)
_______ he _______ I _______ workers.
5. Jack has a great time in the park. (改为同义句)
Jack _______ _______ in the park.
Mother's Day is a holiday for mother. It is celebrated in the USA, England, India and some other countries. In a short time, it becomes widely celebrated. Mother's Day falls on the second Sunday in May. On that day, many people send gifts of love to their mothers.
The idea of a day for mother was first given by Miss Anna Jarvis of Philadelphia(费城). As a result of her hard work, the celebration of the first American Mother's Day was held in Philadelphia on May 10, 1908. Soon the holiday became popular all over the USA and around the world.
In China, people do the same on the day for mothers. And, in some cities, people sometimes ask a song to be broadcast(广播) on the radio for his or her mother only. This might cost a little money, but as it is said, "Love is invaluable(无价的)."
On May 8, 1999, just the day before the Mother's Day that year, a Chinese mother was killed in a criminal bombing(轰炸) in Yugoslavia(南斯拉夫). Her name is Shoal Unhand, a reporter, who wrote lots of articles for Chinese newspapers. All the Chinese will remember her forever.
A. Christmas Day ( ) B. Father's Day ( )C. April Fools' Day ( ) D. Saint Valentine's Day ( )
2. Which country celebrated Mother's Day first?
A. the USA B. England C. India D. China
3. Which of the following is mentioned in the passage as a way to celebrate Mother's Day in China?
A. Some people send beautiful flowers to mother.
B. Some people help mother with housework.
C. Some people ask a song to be broadcast on the radio for mother only.
D. Some people give mother a present.
4. Who had the idea of Mother's Day first?
A. A Chinese reporter. B. An English man. C. Miss Anna Jarvis. D. An American boy.
5. Which one is right according to the passage?
A. On Mother's Day, all children show their love to their mothers in the same way.
B. Mother's Day becomes widely celebrated for a long time.
C. Just the day before the Mother's Day that year, an American mother was killed in a criminal bombing in Yugoslavia.
D. The celebration of the first American Mother's Day was held in Philadelphia on May 10, 1908.