1. The Kyoto Protocol has been designed to ____ the global environmental problems. A. dress B. address C. stress D. distress
2. Part of the investment is to be used to ____ that old temple to its original splendor. A. rest B. recover C. replace D. restore
3. The list of things we need to think about which will be ______ by climate change is endless.
A. affiliated B. affected C. affirmed D. effected
4. Now a single cell phone is able to store a large ____ of information about an individual life.
A. deal B. number C.amount D. account
5. We will not be held responsible for any damage which results ____rough handling. A. from B. off C. in D. to
6. Our products are displayed in Stand B22, ____ you will find me during office hours. A. when B. which C. that D. where
7. We cannot see any possibility of business _____ your price is on the high side of the prevailing market trend.
A. which B. since C. that D. though
8. Over a very large number of trials, the probability of an event _____ is equal to the probability that it will not occur.
A. occurring B. occurred C. occurs D. occur
9. “They’re the best team I’ve seen thus far,” says ____ men’s basketball coach Larry Brown.
A. American’s B. US C. the USA D. United State of America
10. Many Americans do not understand why there is so much international criticism of the US policy on ____ change.
A. atmosphere B. sky C. weather D. climate
11. In order to obtain the needed information, you should write simply, clearly, and concisely ____ the reader wants to know.
A. what B. that C. so that D. which
12. Regarding insurance, the ____ is for 110% of the invoice value of the goods that a manufacturer wants to export.
A. amount B. cover C. insurance D. premium
13. Since the shipment consists of seasonable goods. it is important that it is ____ as soon as possible.
A. deleted B. demanded C. delivered D. detached
14. The long service of decades of the to-be-retired with the company was ____ a present each from the President.
A. confirmed by B. recorded in C. acknowledged wit D. appreciated for
15. Home to magnates and gangsters, refugees and artists, the city was, in its ____ a metropolis that exhibited all the hues of the human character. A. prime B. primary C. privacy D. probation
16. Buildings in the southeast of the UK are going to have to be constructed ____ those in Scotland if the report findings are correct. A. as B. like C. likely D. are like
17. The state of Michigan now requires sports fans to make an annual ____ of $125 to $500 a seat to keep their end zone perches at Michigan Stadium. A. tributary B. attribution C. contribution D. distribution
18. The possibilities for ____ energy sources, including solar power, wind power, geothermal power, water power and even nuclear energy promise greatly to the earthlings. A.altitude B.alternate C.alternating D. alternative
19. Americans who consider themselves ____ in the traditional sense do not usually hesitate to heap criticism in domestic matters over what they believe is oppressive or wasteful. A. pedestrian B. penchant C. patriotic D. patriarch
20. The countries that are being blamed for the extra greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are the rich and developed countries. On a different ____, the developing countries feel they will suffer the most of it. A. nod B. note C. norm D. notion
答案： 1. B 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A 6. D 7. B 8. A 9. B 10. D 11. A 12. D
13. C 14. C 15. A 16. B 17. C 18. D 19. C 20. B