(单词翻译:单击)
UNIT 4 Work for Peace
第四单元 为和平而努力
Lesson 29: Jenny's Good Advice
第29课: 珍妮的好建议
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
Why do you sometimes fight with others?
为什么你有时和别人吵架?
How do you feel after the fight?
事后你感觉怎么样?
How can Brian and Danny get along better with each other?
布莱恩和丹尼是怎么和好的?
The next evening,Danny and Brian are at Jenny's house.
第二天晚上,丹尼和布莱恩都在珍妮家。
"I'm glad you agreed to come," says Jenny.
“我很高兴你们都同意来,”珍妮说,
"Would either of you like some cookies?"
“你们想来些饼干吗?”
"Yes,please!" says Brian."You make great cookies,Jenny."
“是的,劳驾了!”布莱恩说,“珍妮,你做的饼干很不错。”
"I agree with you," says Danny.
“我同意你所说的。”丹尼说。
This meeting is going very well.
会面进行得很顺利。
You two have already agreed about something!
你们两个在某事上已经有共同的看法了!
"Now,let's have a talk.
“现在,让我们一起谈谈。
Who wants to go first?" asks Jenny.
谁想先说?”珍妮问,
"Brian?" "All right," says Brian
“布莱恩?”.“好的。”布莱恩说,
"I think that Danny should pay me ten dollars.
“我认为丹尼应该给我十美元。
He shouldn't have spent the money,because it wasn't his.
他不应该花那钱,因为那不是他的钱。
He should have tried to find out whose it was."
他本应该试着找到失主。”
"What do you have to say about that,Danny?" Jenny asks.
“丹尼,关于这个你想说些什么?”珍妮问。
"I really can't agree with Brian," says Danny.
“我实在不能同意布莱恩所说的。”丹尼说,
"We don't know that the money I found was his.It might be anybody's."
“我们不确定我发现的钱是否是他的。它可能是别人的。”
"It probably was mine," says Brian.
“它可能是我的,”布莱恩说,
"I lost it near the school,and that's where you found it.
“我是在学校附近丢的,而你是在那里发现的。
Well,Jenny,what's your opinion?
嗯,珍妮,你的意见呢?
Should Danny give me my money back,or not?"
丹尼应不应该把钱还给我呢?”
"If the money really belongs to you," says Jenny,
“如果那钱真是你的,”珍妮说,
"I think Danny should return it to you.
“我认为丹尼应该把它还给你。
You should both go home to think.
你们两个应该回家好好想一想。
Think about your fight."
想一想你们的争吵。”
Do you really want to stop being friends because of ten dollars?
你们真想因为十美元而不做朋友了吗?
Tomorrow,when we see each other at school,I want you to have the answer to that question.
明天,当我们在学校看到彼此时,我想得到你们关于这个问题的答案。
LET'S DO IT!Two of your friends are fighting.
做一做!你的两个朋友在吵架。
You hear many words like "You should ...","You shouldn't ...","Why don't you ...?"
你听到许多像“你应该……”,“你不应该……”,“你为什么不……?”这样的话。
You try to stop them from fighting.
你试图让他们停止争吵。
In a group of three,create a short play.
三人一组,编出一幕短剧。
Perform your play for the class.
在班里表演短剧。