洪恩环境英语第五册 Lesson 6:Was there any mail for me?
日期:2012-04-25 22:38

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 6 Was there any mail for me?
有我的邮件吗?你好吗,亲爱的?
How are you,dear?
你好吗,亲爱的?
Fine,thanks.Was there any mail for me?
很好,谢谢。有我的邮件吗?
There wasn't anything for you.
没有。
There were two bills and a magazine for me.
有给我的两张帐单和一份杂志。
But there was no mail for you.
但是没有你的邮件。
Nothing for me,huh?
没我的东西吗,啊?
No,nothing.You don't live here anymore.
没有,什么也没有。你不在这儿住了,
Why would anyone send mail to you here?
为什么还会有人把邮件给你寄到这儿呢?
I gave someone this address.
我把这儿的地址给过别人。
Who? Just a friend who owes me money.
谁? 一个欠我钱的朋友。
Well,there wasn't any mail for you today.
哦,今天没有你的邮件。
OK.Sorry.I just need the money.I have a lot of expenses on the new apartment.
好的。对不起,我只需要钱。租新公寓,花销很大。
Were there any lights in your building last night?
昨晚你住的那栋楼有电吗?
No,there were no lights last night.
没有,昨晚没电。
But then I left this morning,there was electricity.
但今天早上我离开的时候来电了。
Was there any hot water?
有热水吗?
Yes,there was hot water.
有的,有热水。
Was there any heat?
有暖气吗?
Mom,this is August.I don't need heat.
妈妈,现在八月。我还不用暖气。
Was there any telephone service?
有电话吗?
Mom,I have telephone service.
妈妈,有电话。
Then why didn't you call me and give me your phone number?
好你为什么不给我来电话。告诉我你的电话号码?
Mom,I'm a grown man now.My first thought wasn't to call my mother.I'm sorry.
妈妈,我是个成年人了。我的第一个反应不是给妈妈打电话。
Anyway,I can give it to you now.The number is 555-2649.
对不起,不管怎样,我现在可以给你号码。号码是555-2649。
Can you write it down for me?
你能给我写下来吗?
Sure.Do you have anything I can write with?
当然。你有写字的东西吗?
Here's something.
这里有。
Do you have anything I can write on? Here.
你有可以写字的纸吗? 这里。
Jeff,are you seeing anyone?
杰夫,你正跟谁约会吧?
No one I want to talk about,Mom.
妈妈,我不想谈论任何人。
You really should settle down with someone.
你真的应该找个人,稳定下来了。
That's what you always tell me.
你总跟我说这样的话。
Well,it's sure. Yep.OK.Gotta go.
唉,这可是实在话。 是,好了,我得走了。
What?You just wanted to see if there was any mail for you?
什么?你只是想看看这儿有没有你的邮件?
And to say hello.But now I have to say goodbye.
还来问候你。但是现在我必须得跟你说再见了。
OK.Don't forget to call. Right.
好吧。别忘了打电话。 好的。
Jeff? Yep?
杰夫? 什么事?
I saw the show last night. You did?
昨晚我看过那部电视剧了。 是吗?
It was great.I'm really proud of you.
真不错。我真为你骄傲。
Even if I'm not a lawyer or a doctor or a businessman.
即使我不是律师。医生或商人?
Maybe you could marry a lawyer or a doctor..Only kidding.
出许你能娶个律师或医生...开个玩笑。
We're happy to have you back is Stamford.
我们很高兴你回到斯坦福德了。
Thanks,Mom.I'm beginning to feel better about being here.
谢谢,妈妈。我开始对呆在这儿感觉好点儿了。

分享到
重点单词
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳