洪恩环境英语第九册 Lesson 7:I'D RATHER WORK IN TELEVISION
日期:2012-04-22 23:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 7 I'd rather work in television
第七课 我宁愿在电视台工作
Hello.Hi,Steven.Do you have a minute?
你好,史蒂文,你有时间吗?
Well,not really.What's up?
嗯,不确定,怎么呢?
Can I talk to you about something?I'd rather not wait.
我能跟讲一些事情吗?我不能再等了。
Sure.Connie.Come in.So tell me,what's up?
可以。康妮,进来。告诉我,怎么呢?
Well,I know you're not completely happy here at WEFl.
好,我知道你呆在WEFL不是特别的开心。
I'm happy working with everyone here.but I need to make more money.
我跟大家每个人一起工作都很开心。只是我需要更多的钱。
A friend of mine works at a station in Hartford.
我的一个朋友在Hartford电视台工作。
She told me they're looking for a producer for their weekend news show.
她告诉我他们正在寻找一周新闻秀的制片人。
The money is good.I thought you might be in terested.
钱固然是好的。我想你可能需要学习。
Hartford?That's one and a half hours away.I'd rather not drive that far to get to work.
哈福德?离这儿有一个半小时。我不愿开车到那么远的地方工作。
I'd rather live near the office.
我宁愿住在离工作的地方近一点的地方。
Maybe you could move to Harford.I'd rather not move right now.
或许你可以搬到哈福德。我可不愿意马上就搬去。
Also this job is for a weekend news show?
这份工作是每周新闻秀吗?
Probably the producer has to work on the weekends,right?
可能制片人周末也不得不工作,对吗?
Right,Would you rather get a new job or have your weekends free?
是,你宁愿是获得一份新工作还是有空闲的周末?
I'd rather have my weekends free.You know,with the baby and all..
我很愿意我的周末空闲。你知道,有了宝宝然后所有的···.
I read about a job not far from Stamford.
我知道有一份工作距离斯坦福不远。
Producer of a radio show.
广播节目的制片人。
Would you rather work in television or radio?
你是想在电视台工作还是在广播电台?
I'd rather work in television..
我宁愿工作在电视台。.
I read about another job for a journalism teacher in Stamford.
我知道的另一份工作是斯坦福的记者教师。
Do you want to teach?Teacher have long summer vacations.That's nice.
你想教书吗?老师有很长的暑假。真不错。
I'd rather not make a big career change now.I like what I'm doing.
我现在不想让我的职业作出一个重大转变。我喜欢我现在所干的工作。
Steven,do you want to stay here or would you rather make more money?
史蒂文,你想要呆在这儿还是赚更多的钱?
I'd rather make more money.No.I need to make more money.
我想要挣更多的钱。不,我需要更多的钱。
Sorry I can't help more.Thank you for trying.
对不起,我没法再帮你了。谢谢你做出的努力。
Listen,Connie.Anne and I want you to come to our house sometime.
听,康妮。安妮和我都想让你常来我家。
She wants to meet you.I'd love to see you and Anne.sometime.
她想要见你。我愿意常去看你和安妮。
but I know you're busy with the baby.
但是我知道你一直忙于照顾孩子。
We're much more organized than we were before.
我们先可比以前更有计划性。
Why don't you come to lunch on Sunday?Are you free this weekend?
为什么星期日你不能过来吃午饭呢?难道你这周周末没时间吗?
Or would you rather come to dinner on Staurday night?
或者你愿意星期六晚上来吃晚餐。
Lunch on Sunday sounds great.I'm busy on Saturday night.
星期日吃午餐听起来还是不错的。我星期六的晚上很忙。
I'll call Anne and make sure that it's all right with her.Great
我将会打电话给安妮,确保那时候她都没事。好!
Hi,It's me...How's everything there?
你好,是我···一切都还好吗?
We're fine.The baby's sleeping.I'm doing the laundry.How everything there?
我们很好。孩子已经睡着了。我正在洗衣服。其他的一些事呢?
Fine.I called to ask you a question.
都很好。我是想问你一个问题。
Is it OK if Connie comes to lunch on Sunday,or would rather spend the day alone?
如果康妮星期日过来吃中饭,或者其他的时间来,可行吗?
I'd love to have Connie to lunch on Sunday.Do you think she's free?
我想还是周日过来吃午饭吧!你认为她会有时间吗?
I know she's free.I've already invited her.
我知道她有空。我已经准备邀请她。
Thanks for asking me first.
感谢你第一时间告诉我。
Can you pick up some groceries on your way home from work?
你能顺便从下班回来的路上买一些杂货吗?
What should I buy?Would you rather have chicken or fish?
我要买什么?你能你买一些鸡和鱼吗?
I think I'd rather have chicken.
我想还是买些鸡肉吧!
OK.Chicken sounds good to me too.
好的。鸡肉对我来说听起来也是不错的。
And we can have salad and a vegetable,Peas or green beans?
还有我们能买一些沙拉、蔬菜、豌豆或者绿蚕豆?
Umm,green beans.Would you rather have potatoes or rice?
恩,绿蚕豆。能买点土豆或者大米吗?
We had rice last night.I'll buy some potatoes.
昨晚我们已经吃了米饭了。我买些土豆吧!
And for dessert?Ice cream or cake?
甜点呢?冰淇淋还是蛋糕?
Ice cream or cake?I'd rather have both.
冰淇淋还是蛋糕?两个我都喜欢。

分享到
重点单词
  • laundryn. 洗衣店,要洗的衣服,洗衣
  • organizedv. 组织