每天三分钟学英语 第309期:外国人说 you're full of it 可不是“你吃饱了”的意思!
日期:2018-11-14 10:43

(单词翻译:单击)

3、怀疑事情的真实性

Really?
真的吗?

【情景一】
A: I'm gonna pay you next week.
我下周就还你钱。
B: Really? That's what you said last week.
真的吗?你上周就这么说的。

I believe you, but…
我相信你,但…

【情景二】
A: I wasn't talking behind your back.
我没背后说你坏话。
B: I believe you, but Jenna said you did.
我相信你,但是Jenna说你说了。

【情景三】
A: My company plans to transfer me to Hawaii.
我的公司要把我调去夏威夷。
B: I believe you, but why Hawaii?
我相信你,但是为什么要把你调去夏威夷呢?

4、直接表达你的怀疑

I have my doubts.
我表示怀疑。

【情景四】
A: I'm not going to eat meat anymore.
我再也不吃肉了。
B: I have my doubts. You won't last a day.
我表示怀疑,你一天也坚持不了。

【情景五】
A: Jason said he's giving all of us a smart watch.
Jason说他要送我们每个人一块智能手表。
B: I have my doubts. He won't even buy me a bowl of noodles.
我表示怀疑。他连一碗面条都不肯请我。

You're full of it.
(语气强烈)胡说。

【情景六】
A: I finished all my work for today.
我已经把今天的工作都做完了。
B: You're full of it. I saw you looking at cat pictures all day.
你胡说。我看见你整天都在看小猫的照片。

【情景七】
A: Kerry told me she's gonna leave Tom.
Kerry跟我说她要和Tom分手了。
B: You're full of it. I've never seen her happier.
瞎说吧。我从来没看过她俩那么开心。

5、间接表示怀疑

Whatever you say.
你说啥都行咯。

外国人说 you‘re full of it 可不是“你吃饱了”的意思!.png


【情景八】
A: I've never lost a game.
我从来没输过一场比赛。
B: Whatever you say.
你说啥都行咯。

【情景九】
A: I once jumped over a moving car.
我有一次跳过了一辆正在行驶的汽车。
B: Whatever you say.
你说啥都行咯。

You don't say.
真的吼。/ 是吗?

【情景十】
A: I was home the whole night. I didn't go anywhere.
我昨晚在家,一点都没出去。
B: You don't say.
是吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • transfern. 迁移,移动,换车 v. 转移,调转,调任