职场英文口语 第106期:如何打推销电话(1)
日期:2017-03-13 11:25

(单词翻译:单击)

Bye bye Mr Socrates.
再见,苏格拉底先生。
He’s flying back to America leaving Tip Top Trading’s London team trying to work out how best to focus their business on the European market.
他离开了Tip Top Trading的伦敦团队飞回美国,想办法如何把生意最好聚焦在欧洲市场上。
Sorry to keep you waiting.
抱歉让你们久等了。
I had to go to the airport with Mr Socrates to see him off.
我必须去机场给苏格拉底先生送行。
We had a good chat in the taxi and he said some very positive things.
我们在出租车上聊的很好,他说了很多积极的一面。
Oh yes. Like what?
是吗,比如呢?
Err, well… well, how nice English beer is.
英国啤酒很好喝。
Yeah but what about the European marketing strategy – what are we going to do about that?
是的,但关于欧洲市场战略,我们要怎么做?
Well, Anna is supposed to lead on that, I’m taking a more biscuitorial control over it.
安娜会全权负责,我更像是掌管饼干教学的人。
A what?
什么?
It means you do all the work while he eats all the biscuits!
意味着你来做所有工作,而他负责所有的饼干。
Do you mind Tom.
你介意吗,汤姆。
Now, what I’m thinking is we put the feelers out – do some cold calling, see what people are buying at the moment.
我想的是我们要先把触角伸出去,做一些无准备的调查访问电话,看看人们此刻需要买什么。
Cold calling? But I like to be warm when I’m on the phone.
冷冰冰的电话?但是我打电话的时候喜欢热情一点。
No Anna.
不是的,安娜。
Cold calling is when you call prospective clients when they’re not expecting you to, to ask them something or to sell them something.
“无准备调查电话”是当你给那些并不期待你来电的潜在客户打电话时,问他们一些问题或向他们出售东西。
I’m very good at calling people.
我很擅长打电话。
Yeah, usually the hair dresser!
是的,通常是发型师!
So Paul, where do we begin, who do we call first?
所以保罗,我们从何开始,先给谁打电话?
Track down some potential clients in Europe, see what they’re buying now, see what they want in the future.
找到一些欧洲的潜在客户,看看他们现在买什么,未来需要什么。
Make them think it’s our laser-curved fruit they want!
让他们认为我们的激光曲线水果正是他们想要的。
But keep your calls brief, international calls are very expensive.
但是谈话简短一些,国际长途很贵的。

分享到