(单词翻译:单击)
I could get you some nicotine gum if you like?
我可以给你一些尼古丁口香糖,如果你需要的话?
No, it’s OK.I’ll stub it out… as you asked so nicely.
不用了,谢谢。我会把烟灭掉的……看在你好心提醒我的份上。
Thank you Mr Ingle. We’ll keep it a secret this time, but please don’t do it again.
非常感谢,英格尔先生。我们就把这次的事情保密,但是请别再吸烟了。
I’m afraid it’s just not permitted on company premises.
在公司里抽烟是被禁止的。
Yeah, whatever!
无所谓!
Oh and Mr Ingle, I still really like your overalls. Bye!
对了,英格尔先生,你的工作服很好看。再见!
Nice one Anna. You dealt with Mr Ingle really well.
干得好,安娜。在英格尔先生这件事上你处理的很棒。
You kept your cool and explained the reasons why he shouldn’t smoke.
你很冷静,也解释了他不能吸烟的理由。
Let’s hope he doesn’t do it again Anna.
希望他下次不会再犯了,安娜。
I hope not. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke.
但愿如此。我不喜欢闻香烟的味道。
But I never got to ask him about stock management.
但是我再也不想去问他关于库存管理系统的事了。
Well, maybe it’s best to leave it for another time?
或许你可以下次再问?
Anna’s had a tricky day so far dealing with Mr Ingle but she was firm and fair in the language she used.
安娜的这一天可真不容易啊,不过她态度很坚定,说的话也很有道理。