Analects by Confucius 孔子《论语》
日期:2016-10-19 16:43

(单词翻译:单击)

Will: What are you reading? Is that Chinese characters on the cover?
威尔:你在读什么书?封面上的是汉字吗?
Joe: Have a guess. I'll give you a hint. It's a book in the Warring States Period, widely read even in the West.
乔:猜猜看。给你个提示,这是一本战国时期的书,即便在西方也有很多读者。
Will: Is it the Analects by Confucius?
威尔:是孔子的《论语》吗?
Joe: No, admittedly Confucius is popular, but he was from the Spring and Autumn Period. Come on, not so many ancient Chinese books are popular now!
乔:不是,孔子确实很受欢迎,但他是春秋时期的人。再猜,毕竟中国古书现在还流行的没有多少!
Will: Give me another clue.
威尔:再给我一个线索。
Joe: OK. It's a book on military strategy.
乔:好吧,这是一本关于军事策略的书。
Will: Then it must be The Art of War!
威尔:那肯定是《孙子兵法》了!
Joe: Bingo!
乔:猜中了。
Will: What are you reading that for?
威尔:你为什么要读这本书?
Joe: It's a great book, as the comment goes, "a master treatise on military tactics". And in modern time, it has also been used in such fields as business and economy.
乔:这是本好书,正如评论所说,是“关于军事策略的杰作”。而且在现代,它已经被应用到诸如商业和经济等领域。

分享到
重点单词
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • strategyn. 战略,策略
  • treatisen. 论文,论述 n. 故事
  • commentn. 注释,评论; 闲话 v. 注释,评论
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • hintn. 暗示 v. 暗示,示意