日积月累学口语:糟糕的为人处事方式,看看你有没有中枪
日期:2013-05-08 10:41

(单词翻译:单击)

1.敷衍搪塞 give someone the runaround
别拿话儿搪塞我们,我们只是想知道你到底是同意还是不同意。
Don’t give us the runaround. We’d just like to know whether you agree or not.

2.哭穷 to poor-mouth
别跟我哭穷了,我还不知道你的底细?
Don’t poor-mouth to me. I have your number.

3.白吃白喝 a freeloader
我可不愿白吃白喝别人。我不是那种爱占便宜的人。
I wouldn’t freeload .I’m not a freeloader.

4.说别人的闲话dish the dirt about…
她特别喜欢说别人的闲话,是我们这出了名的长舌妇。
She is a notorious gossiper here, who is very fond of dishing the dirt about others.

5.拆了东墙补西墙 rob Peter to pay Paul
你从张家借钱还李家有什么意义?那只是拆了东墙补西墙
what’s the sense in borrowing from Zhang just to pay Li?That’s meant to rob Peter to pay Paul.


6.出卖朋友 sell someone down the river
你说他不好,可他从不会出卖自己的朋友。
You may think he is bad, but he has never sold his friends down the river.

7.糊弄人 throw someone off the scent
我把实情告诉他了,可是他以为我在糊弄他。
I told him the true story, but he still thought I was throwing him off the scent.

8.拿某人当出气筒 take it out on someone
孩子们没招你惹你的,你干吗拿他们当出气筒?
What have the kids done to provoke you? Why should you take it out on them?

分享到
重点单词
  • scentn. 气味,香味,痕迹 vt. 闻出,发觉,使充满味道,
  • robv. 抢劫,掠夺
  • provokevt. 激怒,惹起,驱使