(单词翻译:单击)
Feifei: Hello, welcome to Authentic Real English from BBC Learning English, I'm Feifei. 大家好,欢迎来到地道美语节目,我是菲菲。
Diarmuid: And I'm Diarmuid. 我是圣保罗。
Feifei: 你怎么把 a bottle of wine 带到录音棚里来了?A bottle of wine 一瓶葡萄酒。
Diarmuid: Oh, I thought we might get thirsty. 哦,我觉得我们可能会口渴。
Feifei: Thirsty! 对不起,我大白天中午的时候可不喝酒。
Diarmuid: Oh, I was only joking. I'm taking the bottle of wine to a dinner party. 哦,我只是开玩笑。我是要带上酒去参加一个派对。
Feifei: I see. 噢,原来如此。Is one of your friends cooking? 你有朋友做饭吗?
Diarmuid: No, we're meeting in a restaurant. 不,我们在餐厅聚。
Feifei: And they let you bring your own alcohol? 他们让你自带酒水?
Diarmuid: Yes, the restaurant has a BYOB policy. 是的,餐厅是有自带酒水的规定。
Feifei: B.Y.O.B. 这个词是什么意思呢?
Diarmuid: It means Bring Your Own Bottle. 就是自带酒水的意思。
Feifei: Oh I see. It is an acronym. 这是一个首字母缩略词。
Diarmuid: Exactly, it is an acronym. The B stands for Bring. The Y stands for Your. The O stands for Own. And the B stands for Bottle. 是的,这是首字母缩略词。B代表带来。Y代表你的。O代表自己的。B代表酒杯。
Feifei: 英国有很多餐厅可以让顾客自带酒水的吗?
Diarmuid: Not that many. I wish they did though because it's a lot cheaper than buying alcohol in the restaurant. 不是很多。我希望它们都允许,因为通常餐厅里的比自带的酒水要贵。
Feifei: A lot cheaper. 便宜多了。
Diarmuid: If I was given the choice, I would always prefer to bring my own bottle. 如果可以选择,我希望可以自带酒水。
Feifei: What would these people do if given the choice? 那其他人会怎么选择呢?
Examples:
I prefer BYOB because I don't drink and I hate splitting the bill at the end of a meal and having to pay for expensive wine that everyone else has been drinking. 我更喜欢自带水酒,因为我不喜欢在聚会结束的时候支付别人饮用的酒水费用。
I'm not organised enough for BYOB. I'm happy to pay a little extra if it means I have one less thing to organise. 我没有安排好自带水酒,所以我愿意支付稍多一些在餐厅里买,这样就可以不考虑自带酒水的问题了。
I'd choose BYOB every time. I mean that way you can always guarantee that you are going to get a wine you like. There's nothing worse than bad house wine. 我每一次都选择自带酒水。我是说这样的话你就可以喝到自己喜欢喝得酒了。没有什么比喝不好的酒更糟糕的了。
Feifei: So most people seem to prefer BYOB. 所以说大多数人还是喜欢自带水酒的。
Diarmuid: Yes, well it is cheaper and we are in a credit crisis. 是的,也更便宜,我们面临信用危机。
Feifei: Credit crisis 信贷危机。I understand, 确实现在大家都需要精简开支了。
Diarmuid: On that note, we will have to finish today's programme. I'm heading off to dinner. 就说到这儿了,我们将要结束今天的节目,我们要赶去参加聚会了。
Feifei: And to drink your bottle of wine. 和你自己的酒。
Diarmuid: Of course. 当然啦。
Feifei: 感谢大家收听我们今天BBC英语教学的《地道英语》节目。
Diarmuid: Join us next time at www.bbcukchina.com. Bye.