地道英语学习第87期(附讲解音频):In 入时
日期:2012-02-01 14:47

(单词翻译:单击)

Yang Li: 大家好我是Yang Li,您现在收听的是Authentic Real... Phew!

Diarmuid: Authentic Real... English? Li you sound out of breath. 地道美语……丽,你怎么上气不接下气?

Yang Li: Yes Diarmuid, I've just run all the way to the studio from a fashion show. It's London Fashion Week. 是的,圣保罗,我是刚刚从一个时装秀上一路跑到演播室的。就是伦敦时装周。

Diarmuid: Oh yes, so it is. Here you go, have a glass of water and catch your breath! 哦,是那个时装秀啊!去喝杯水缓一缓吧。

Yang Li: Thank you. 谢谢。

Diarmuid: Now Li. 现在,丽。

Yang Li: Yes? 怎么了?

Diarmuid: Are you wearing a jacket with shoulder pads? 你穿了有垫肩的夹克了吗?

Yang Li: Yes. 我穿的外套里有垫肩。

Diarmuid: But, didn't they go out of fashion ages ago? I didn't know they were back in. 但是,它们早就不流行了啊?我不知道它们又开始流行了。

Yang Li: In what? 在什么?

Diarmuid: In fashion. 入时。

Yang Li: I see. Well yes, they are. Diarmuid 用了 in 这个词来表示 in fashion. 在英语里我们也经常会用 in 这个词来说什么东西或事情现在非常流行,入时。

Diarmuid: Yes, we can use it about things like clothes, hairstyles and music. 是的,我们能用这个词形容衣服,发型和音乐。

Examples

A: I like her shoes, but those jeans are awful. 我喜欢她的鞋子,但是这个牛仔裤好可怕。

B: What? High-waist jeans are so in right now. 什么?高腰裤现在正流行呢。

A: Brian's new haircut is great, isn't it? 布莱恩的新发型很不错,对吗?

B: Yes, pink hair is really in at the moment. 是的,粉色的头发现在正流行。

Diarmuid: So what do you think about my flares? 你觉得我的喇叭裤怎么样?

Yang Li: Hmmm, Diarmuid 的喇叭裤——喇叭牛仔裤? Sorry, they're out of fashion now. 抱歉,他们已经不再流行。

Diarmuid: Really, they're not in any more? 真的吗,它们不再流行了?

Yang Li: Sorry, they went out in the 70s. 抱歉,早在70年代就不流行了。

Diarmuid: Oh. 哦。

Yang Li: But don't worry, they'll probably come back in a couple of years! 但是,别担心,未来几年可能会由流行起来。

Diarmuid: Well, let's hope so. In the meantime, the best place to catch up with Authentic Real English programmes is our website: www.bbcukchina.com. 嗯,希望如此。同时,可以学习到地道美语的网址是……。

Yang Li: 是的,在我们网站上你就能学到最新最流行最实用的 in English.

分享到
重点单词
  • authenticadj. 可信(靠)的,真实的,真正的
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤