(单词翻译:单击)
Yang Li: Welcome to Authentic Real English. I'm Yang Li. 欢迎来到地道美语。我是杨丽。
Diarmuid: And I'm Diarmuid. You know Li, it was so nice to meet your friends last night. 我是圣保罗。丽,你知道的,昨天能和你朋友见面我真的很高兴。
Yang Li: Oh, you liked meeting them? 穆达是在说我们昨天晚上的聚餐,他在餐桌上认识了我的许多朋友。
Diarmuid: Yeah, they're really cool. I've 'friended' them already. 是的,他们都很帅。我们都成了好朋友了。
Yang Li: You've friended... you mean you've become friends with them? 你们已经是朋友……你是说你和他们已经成为朋友了吗?
Diarmuid: Well yes, we've become friends. But I also friended them. 嗯,是的,我们成为朋友了。但是我也他们结交了。
Yang Li: Eh? Not sure I know what you mean. 额?我不是很清楚你的意思。
Diarmuid: Well Li, I'm sure you know about social networking sites like Facebook, Bebo and Qzone? 嗯,丽,我相信你一定知道社交网络,比如Facebook,Bebo和QQ空间。
Yang Li: Oh, social networking sites 社交网络。
Diarmuid: When you add someone to your friends list, you can say you add them, or simply friend them. 当你加入一些人到你的朋友清单里,你就加他们好友,这就简单地结交了朋友了。
Yang Li: 在使用这些社交网络时如果你把某人的名字加到你的朋友名单里,加 add,那么你就便和这些人结识了 friend them 这里的 friend 是动词。
Examples
A: That Michael has so many Facebook friends. 麦克有那么多Facebook上的好友。
B: I know, he just friends everyone he meets. He doesn't have any real friends. 我知道,他和他遇到的每个人交朋友。他没有真的朋友。
Yang Li: 就像汉语新词一样,英语中的许多新词语也都是从互联网上来的。
Diarmuid: It is indeed. It can be quite hard to keep up with all the changes!
Yang Li: 没错,要随时跟上互联网新词新语的动态可不是一件容易的事儿!
Diarmuid: Try surfing the web in English instead of Chinese sometimes—you'll find lots of interesting words that you should be able to guess from their context. 有时试着用英语浏览网页而不是中文——你会找到很多有趣的单词,你可以从它们的内容上猜它们的意思。
Yang Li: 是的,如果你经常使用汉语上网浏览,那么在遇到英语网络词汇的时候,你基本上可以根据上下文来判断词义。