(单词翻译:单击)
Diarmuid: Hi everybody. It's time for another edition of Authentic Real English from bbcukchina.com. I'm Diarmuid. 大家好。这是新一期的来自BBC中英网的地道英语。我是圣保罗。
Jean: And I'm Jean. So what's the programme about today Diarmuid? 我是珍。今天的节目内容是什么?
Diarmuid: Good question Jean. Today's programme is about... 问得好,珍。今天的节目是有关……
Diarmuid: ...erm, sorry about this Jean, but I have printed out the wrong script. I've only got the scripts for last week's programme. ……嗯,抱歉珍,我打错文稿了。我只有上周节目的文稿。
Jean: What?! 什么?!
Diarmuid: I've got the wrong scripts, I'm afraid. 我恐怕拿错文稿了。
Jean: (angry) Diarmuid, why do you always make these silly mistakes? 圣保罗,为什么你总是犯这样的错?
Diarmuid: Sorry Jean. I just made a little mistake, that's all. 抱歉,珍,我就是犯了个小错而已。
Jean: 他老是犯这种低级错误,根本就靠不住!But it's not the first time this has happened, is it?
Diarmuid: But I-
Jean: 我说话的时候,别打断我!I'm fed up with your unprofessional attitude and sloppy work! 我已经受够了你不专业的态度和草率的工作了!
Diarmuid: Jean-
Jean: No, you need to hear this. You should prepare properly for coming to the studio so this kind of thing doesn't happen again. 不,你应该听我说。你应该事先准备好,并且保证这样的事不再发生了。
Diarmuid: All right Jean. I accept what you say but there's no need to get so shirty! 好吧,珍。我接受你所说的,但是你不要心情这么不好!
Jean: Shirty? What do you mean shirty? 这个单词是什么意思?
Diarmuid: Shirty. S.H.I.R.T.Y. Shirty. I suppose that could be our word for the day. 我想这个词就是我们今天要讲解的词。
Jean: 简直是典型的穆达反应,又在编瞎话。
Diarmuid: Yes, let's learn the word shirty. 是的,让我们来学习这个词。
Jean: All right then. What does it mean? Something to do with shirts, I suppose. 好吧。这是什么意思?我猜是和衬衫有关吧。
Diarmuid: No nothing to do with shirts. It's an easy word and it means angry. 和衬衫没有关系,它就是一个简单的词,意思是生气。
Jean: Shirty 意思是发怒了,心情不好的。So we can use this word instead of the word angry? 所以我们可以用这个词代替生气。
Diarmuid: Absolutely. Let's hear some examples: 当然。来听下面的例子:
A: Where are the car keys? They're not where they're supposed to be!
B: Ok, ok. Don't get shirty. Here they are.
A: Watch out. The boss is in a terrible mood today.
B: Oh, he's always getting shirty about something.
Diarmuid: I hope you're not feeling so shirty now Jean. 我希望你现在不在那么生气了,珍。
Jean: I wasn't shirty. I was just letting you know how I feel. 我不生气。我知道告诉你我感觉如何。
Diarmuid: Well, at least we managed to teach the listeners a new word. 嗯,至少我们教会了听众使用一个新词。
Jean: I suppose so. 大家也可以在我们的网站上每天发现新节目。
Diarmuid: That's www.bbcukchina.com. Bye for now. 今天就到这里了。
Jean: Bye. 再见。
Diarmuid: Well we got there in the end, eh Jean? 我们结束了,对吗,珍?
Jean: Just about. 刚刚结束的。
Diarmuid: Oh, what's this? Ah. How embarrassing. 哦,这是什么?啊,太不好意思了。
Jean: What is it? 这是什么?
Diarmuid: Er... It's the missing scripts. 额,这是丢了的文稿。
Jean: (exasperated) Ahh! Diarmuid! (恼火的)啊!圣保罗!