地道英语学习第33期(附讲解音频):Airbrush 涂抹/掩饰
日期:2011-10-06 13:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Diarmuid: Hello everybody and welcome to another Authentic Real English from BBC Learning English with me, Diarmuid. 大家好,欢迎和我们一起收听BBC学英语——地道美语节目,我是Diarmuid。

Wang Fei: And me, Wang Fei. 还有我,王飞。

Diarmuid: So what's that you're reading, Wang Fei? 王飞你在读什么?

Wang Fei: It's a celebrity magazine. I'm looking at these beautiful female celebrities. 一本名人杂志。我正在看这些漂亮的女明星。你看,这些女明星个个都漂亮!有些人都岁数一大把了,也有的已经生儿育女了,看上去仍然这么年轻!简直让人难以置信。

Diarmuid: Ooh, let's have a look. 我们一起看看吧。

Wang Fei: Look at them. They are all so perfect. How do they do it? They must spend all day in the gym. 看看她们,简直完美无瑕。她们是怎么做到的?肯定是整天都泡在健身房里。

Diarmuid: Wow! They do look good, don't they? Too good to be true really. 哇!看上去真不错,是吧?简直都不像真的。

Wang Fei: What do you mean they look too good to be true? 怎么不像真的?

Diarmuid: Come on, Wang Fei. You don't believe these photos are real, do you? 拜托,王飞。你该不会相信这些照片是真的吧?

Wang Fei: 不是真的?!Diarmuid 为什么说这不是真的?Diarmuid, are you saying that these pictures are not real? 你的意思是这些照片是假的?

Diarmuid: Of course they're real. But that doesn't mean they haven't been airbrushed. 当然是真的了。但并不意味着没有被airbrush过。

Wang Fei: Airbrushed. What do you mean by airbrush? Airbrush 是什么意思?

Diarmuid: Airbrushed. That's two words put together: air. 这是两个词合在一起组成的。air.

Wang Fei: Air. 空气。

Diarmuid: And brush.

Wang Fei: Brush 刷子。

Diarmuid: Airbrush. A.I.R.B.R.U.S.H.

Wang Fei: And the meaning? 意思是?

Diarmuid: An airbrush originally meant a tool used to spray paint to cover a surface. Airbrush 通常指的是一种喷涂颜料进行表面遮盖的工具。

Wang Fei: Oh! Airbrush 就是喷油漆的喷雾器,喷漆枪。

Diarmuid: But it also refers to a photographic technique used to make corrections to photographs. 但也指一种图像处理技术,用于修改图片。

Wang Fei: Oh! 明白了。Airbrushing 就是对照片加以精工细作的粉刷美化,特别是让照片上的人,看上去比实际要好看很多。

Diarmuid: Let's hear some examples. 我们来看一下例子吧。

Examples

A: Have you seen those photos of Madonna? She looks amazing.
看见这些麦当娜的照片了吗?她看上去真漂亮。

B: They're probably airbrushed. She can't still look that good at her age.
这可能是修饰过的。她不可能这么大年纪还这么漂亮。

A: What do you think of airbrushed photos of celebrities in magazines?
你怎么看待杂志上那些明星们被修饰过的照片?

B: I disagree with it. It means people grow up hating their own bodies because they're not like these fake images.
我不赞成。这意味着人们开始对自己的相貌感到不满,只因自己没有那些做出来的图片好看。

Wang Fei: Diarmuid, do people really use an airbrush to alter these photographs? Diarmuid, 这些图片真的被人用喷枪修改过?

Diarmuid: In the past yes, but nowadays people use computer programmes like Photoshop to change digital images. 过去是这样的。但如今大家用Photoshop这样的电脑程序修改数字图像。

Wang Fei: 确实如此,用图片处理软件一处理,照片就会比实际好看很多了。

Diarmuid: So don't believe everything you see in magazines and websites. That's all for today folks. 因此不要轻易相信你在杂志或者网站上看到的东西。那都是做给当今的人们看的。

Wang Fei: 欢迎大家登陆我们的网站了解更多的新词新语 www.bbcukchina.com.

Diarmuid: Bye for now.

Wang Fei: Bye.

分享到
重点单词
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜
  • alterv. 改变,更改,阉割,切除
  • techniquen. 技术,技巧,技能
  • brushn. 刷子,画笔 n. 灌木丛 n. 小冲突,争吵 vt
  • authenticadj. 可信(靠)的,真实的,真正的
  • celebrityn. 名人,名誉,社会名流