(单词翻译:单击)
1. How do you manage to strike a balance between a part-time job and your study?
你是怎么在兼职和学习之间找到平衡的?
strike a balance between意思就是“在……之间寻找平衡”,
例如:It's not that easy for a married woman to strike a balance between her career and family.已婚的女人很难做好工作和家庭之间的平衡。
另外,我们经常用的一个词组是keep a balance between“在……之间保持平衡”。
2. I'm in favor of taking a part-time job.
我支持学生做兼职。
in favor of意思就是“支持”,
例如:Are you in favor of his opinion?
你会赞成他的意见吗?
3. If the schedule permits, I will take the part-time job.
如果时间允许的话,我会接受这份兼职的。
if...permit(s),意思是“如果……可以的话”,
例如:I'll come after the meeting if time permits.
如果时间许可的话,我开完会就来。
4.Whether to take a part-time job or not is a subject of constant debate at school.
学生是否可以做兼职是学校里经常争论的一个问题。
whether...or not意思是“是否……”,
例如:I'm uncertain whether to go or not.
我不能肯定去还是不去。
5. The job gives me a great opportunity to practice what I have learned at school.
这个工作给我提供了一个绝佳的机会,我可以把课堂上学到的知识付诸实践。
opportunity后面经常接介词to来表示“做……的机会”,
例如:We should seize the opportunity to counterattack.
现在,我们应乘机反攻。
6. The job gives me great opportunities to go beyond what I've been taught in class.
这个工作给我提供了机会,我可以把课堂上学到的只是发挥到极致。
go beyond 从字面我们就可以知道是“超过,胜过”的意思,
例如:The price went beyond their means.
这个价格超过了他们的财力。
7. The job cultivates my sense of competition.
这个工作能培养我的竞争意识。
cultivate 是“培养,耕作,栽培”的意思,
例如:We must cultivate our own garden and find the joy of doing it in our own heart.
我们都要做好自己工作,并且要在工作中找到精神上的乐趣。
sense of (doing) sth意思就是“做某事的意识”。
8. A part-time job takes a lot of time and energy.
兼职工作很费时间和精力。
take a lot of time and energy to do sth 意思就是“做某事要花很大的时间和精力”,
9. The experience I received with my part-time job will benefit my future job-hunting.
我获得的工作经验对我今后求职会有帮助。
job-hunting 是“求职,找工作”的意思,
例如: All under-graduates have to face the subject of job-hunting.
所有要毕业的人都面临着找工作的问题。
(可可英语版权所有,转载请注明出处)