别把英语当回事:教你最炫的地道美国口语
日期:2010-03-19 10:07

(单词翻译:单击)

1.chase the skirt 追求女性

He never did well at university, because he was always out drinking beer and chasing the skirt. 他在大学里总是不好好学习,因为他总出去喝啤酒,还追女孩子.


2.pull sth Off 把困难的事做好

I didn 't think the dinner would go well ,but we pulled it off beautifully. 我原以为这顿饭完蛋了,但是结果我们做的很好.


3.set sb up 介绍...给....(异性)

My cousin is always trying to set me up with women from her officer. 表姐总是尝试着把她的同事介绍给我.


4.on the blink 坏了,恐怕有问题

I could not text message you because my mobile phone has been on the blink ever since I dropped it in the lake. 自从我的手机掉到湖里以后,我就不能发短信息了.


5.go way back 有交情,两个人在一起很长时间

Angela and I go way back, we've known each other since elementary school. 我和Angela很有交情,我们高中的时候就认识了.

My boss and I go way back , she was my boss at my first job. 我和老板关系很好,因为她是我第一个工作的老板.


6.click 一拍即合

I met my gf at a party and we clicked right away we ended up talking for five hours 我在晚会上认识我的女友,我们一拍即合,聊了五个小时.


7.the third wheel 电灯泡,多余的人

It wasn't until I arrived at the party and met Suzie that I realized that I was the third wheel on my friend's date. 直到我到了晚会看见了Suzie我才发现自己在朋友的约会中是个电灯泡.

He felt like a third wheel because he doesn't know how to cook. 他感觉自己是个多余的人,因为他根本不会做饭.


8.on to 识破意图

After months of detective work, the police were finally on to the plans of the criminals. 在几个月的侦查工作以后,警察最终识破了罪犯的意图.

I want to keep the birthday present a secret but I think she is on to me. 我本来打算对生日礼物保密的,但是还是被她识破了.


9.Take it on the chin 忍气吞声

When I found out that you were lying to me , did you expect me just to take it on the chin and move on? 当我发现你欺骗我的时候,你还期望我忍气吞声被感动吗?

When he was fired for no reason he took it on the chin and looked for another job. 没有理由的被开除了,他忍气吞声,找另一份工作.


10.bust one's balls 批评,讥笑(友好的态度)

My dad always busted my balls for being a terrible soccer player. 爸爸总是笑我打球不好.

Those guys busted my balls when I told them that I was going to marry the actress. 这些人听说我要与他们认识那个女演员结婚,就讥笑我.


11.come for sb 来做....为.... sth 来送.....

The postman is going to come for the parcels around 3pm. 邮递员大概要下午3点来送包裹.

My mother can't come for me because her car broke down. 因为车抛锚了,所以我妈妈不能来看我了.


12.clear back / clear out 驱除

I want you to clear out all the trash from your room before she comes over. 在她来之前,你该把房间里的垃圾清扫出来.

The spectators had to be cleared back from the field because they were getting too close to the players. 这些观众被从场地轰了出来,因为他们离选手太近.


13. make one's move 采取行动

We need to have all the necessary information on the company before we make our move and try to buy it . 在你收购那家公司前,我们必须收集必要的资料.

Tomorrow I'll make my move and ask the girl out to dinner. 明天我打算采取行动约那个女孩子出去吃饭.


14. have one's word on something 保证....

Will you drive me to work tomorrow? 你明天送我去工作吗?
Yes, you have my word on it . 你向我保证过.

I can't believe you didn't call me last night, you gave me your word on it.我不相信你居然昨晚没打电话给我,你向我保证打给我的.


15. I'm in 我也去,算我一个

If you can find enough people to play baseball, I'm in. 如果你能找到足够的人打棒球,算我一个.

分享到
重点单词
  • detectiveadj. 侦探的 n. 侦探
  • wheeln. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转 vi. 旋转,转动
  • blinkvi. 眨眼,闪烁,屈服,视若无睹 vt. 使眨眼,尽力
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • elementaryadj. 基本的,初级的,元素的
  • baseballn. 棒球
  • bustn. 半身像,胸部,萧条,破产 v. 打碎