经典职场工作英语脱口而出
日期:2010-01-11 09:22
(单词翻译:单击)
Better luck next time!
下次会更好!
注:这句话是用来鼓励未成功的人,祝他们下次好运.(used to encourage somebody who has not been successful at something )
如果是询问某人是否成功,运气怎么样,用Any luck?就可以了.
'Any luck?''No, they're all too busy to help.'
'运气怎么样?''不怎么样,他们都没空帮忙.'
Come to the point!
有话直说!
point就是"重点,要点"的意思.come to the point!语气有点强硬,如果还想加强效果的话,还可以加上straight.
I'll come straight to the point: we need more money.
我就直说吧:我们还需要钱.
也可以说成是"get to the point",如:
I wish he would get to the point(= say it quickly).
但愿他快点说正题.
Don't fall for it!
不要上当!
fall for sth就是信以为真的意思(to be tricked into believing something that is not true)
I'm surprised you fell for that trick.
我感到惊奇,你竟中了那个诡计.
提醒下,fall for sb就是爱上某人的意思.
They fell for each other instantly.
他俩一见钟情.
Don't lose your head!
别乐昏了头!
在英语中,lose you head就是'慌乱;昏了头;失去理智'的意思(to become unable to act in a calm or sensible way),在口语里比较常见.
Don't overdo it!
别做过头了!
英语里,overdo it/things表示"工作、学习等过分努力(to work, study, etc. too hard or for too long)
He's been overdoing things recently.
他最近过于努力了.
I overdid it in the gym and hurt my back.
我在健身房练得过火了,结果弄伤了背.
Dont sit there daydreaming!
别闲着做白日梦!
^^daydream就是做白日梦的意思.后面加about sb/sth.
I would spend hours daydreaming about a house of my own.
我常常一连几个小时幻想自己有一所房子.
I'm spaced-out!
我开小差了!
spaced-out就是"精神恍惚,魂不守舍"的意思(Someone who is spaced-out feels as if nothing around them is real, usually because they have taken drugs or because they are very tired. )通常是因为过度疲劳或者嗑药所致.
I couldnt reach him!
我联络不上他!
"联络"一词,用简简单单的"reach"就可以表达.
reach:to communicate with somebody, especially by telephone (尤指用电话)联系,与…取得联系
Do you know where I can reach him?
你知道我在哪儿能跟他联系上吗?
Now you are really talking! 说得对!
now you're talking在口语中很常见,是表示赞同对方的话时用的.
used when you like what somebody has suggested very much 你这算说对了,你所言正合我意
She looks blue today.
她今天很忧郁!
blue可以指"郁闷的,愁闷的"
He'd been feeling blue all week.
他整个星期都郁郁不乐.
Thats a touchy issue!
这是个辣手得问题!
touchy:that may upset or offend people and should therefore be dealt with carefully 敏感性的;需要小心处理的;棘手的
We are all for it!
我们全都赞成!
重点单词