(单词翻译:单击)
Dig up the past旧事重提,翻旧账
1. Let bygones be bygones. Don't dig up the past.
过去的都已成过去,不要再重翻老帐了.
2. Let's not dig up the past. I'm sick to fighting about things that happened 10 years ago.
我们别再翻旧账了好么。都过去十年了,现在提起还有什么意思啊。
3. Every time I see Lily,I get very upset.She's always trying to dig up the past.
我每次见到Lily都会弄得很不愉快。她总想旧事重提。
Crawl your way out of one hole摆脱困境
Crawl your way out of one hole,just to find yourself in another 译为:祸不单行.
What?Your girlfriend found out you lied to her.I'd like to see you crawl your way out of the hole.
什么?你的女朋友发现你骗了她。好吧,我倒要看看你怎么解决。
Bad luck today.First I sprained my ankle,now I break my leg.Talk about finally crawling your way out of one hole,just to find yourself in another.
今天太背了!我先是把脚踝扭伤,现在腿又骨折了。正所谓祸不单行啊。
Cute act:小伎俩,小花招
I've heard all these excuses before.I'm not falling for your cute act this time.I know you were out last night untill 4am.
你的那些借口我都听够了,我这次不会再被你的小伎俩蒙骗了。我知道你昨晚在外面鬼混,早上4点才回来。
Listen,if you drop the cute act and ask me honestly,I'll tell you the truth.
听着,你要是不耍这些小花招,老老实实地问我的话,我会告诉你实情的。
Be running out of time没时间了
We're running out of time.The report is due in 15 minutes,and we're still not finishing yet.
我们快没时间了。这个报告15分钟后就得交,可我们现在还没做完。
There're only 3 games left in regular season play.The New York Yankees are running out of time to make the playoffs.
常规赛季还剩下3场比赛,纽约人队已经没什么机会去进入季后赛了。
Go get them尽一切努力去试试吧;开始吧
You've been training for this tourament all year.Go get them.
你为这个比赛训练了一年了。去吧,你肯定行的!
I know you're a little bit nervous about your job interview.But I think you do great.Go get them.
我知道你去面试有点紧张。但是你很棒的,你一定行,去试试吧。
Be a little fuzzy about/on对......不是很清楚,很明白
I saw the movie Run Lora Run a long time ago.I'm a little fuzzy about what happens in the end.
我很久以前看过“疾走罗拉”这部电影,但是结尾怎么回事有点记不清楚了。
I'm a little fuzzy about the instructions your dad gave me.
你爸爸跟我说的我不太明白。
What's got into you? 你怎么了?
Well, would you believe it? What got into him? We never thought he would.
真是难以置信。他怎么变了?我们从来想不到他会这样。
It doesn't get much prettier than that.再好不过了,最好
Look at the guy.He swings at the ball.It doesn't get much prettier than that.
你看那家伙,他挥棒击球的动作,真是棒啊!
This deal is perfectly laid out.Everyone is gonna get a good share of profits.It doesn't get much prettier than that.
这笔交易设计得不错,人人有份,再好不过了。
Go up against与...竞争,遭遇...,面对...
I can't believe I have to go up against Agassi.He's won the tournament 3 years in a row.
真不敢相信我会遭遇到阿加西。他在这个赛事中一连3年都是冠军。
It's very hard to make it as a pop star.You have to go up against a lot of competition.
作流行明星不容易,你要面对很多的竞争。
see to it:留心,细致地办好某事
You'd better see to it that the report gets done on time. Otherwise , the boss is gonna be angry.
你最好确保让报告按时完成,不然老板要发火的。
Don't worry about Grandma.I'll see to it that she takes her medicine eveyday.
别担心奶奶的事。我会关照好她每天按时服药。
Take our goddamned chances碰运气,赌一把
The store closes in half an hour.Let's take our chances and see if we can make it in time.
商店半小时之后就关门了。我们碰碰运气,看能不能及时赶到。
I don't know if we are allowed to ride skateboard here.But let's take our chances and see if we get caught.
我不知道这个地方是否允许玩滑板。不过我们试试看,看能不能被逮到。