(单词翻译:单击)
Before you know it在你不知不觉中;很快
If you start saving now,before you know it,you'll have enough money for college.
如果你现在开始攒钱,不知不觉中,你就能供自己上大学了.
I'll come back before you know it.
我很快就回来.
You'll always have next year. 你还是有机会的.
Don't worry about not making varsity team.you'll always have next year.
别担心没进校队的事,你还有机会的.
Ahhh,I missed my favorate band.
Well,I guess you'll always have next year.
啊,我错过了我最喜欢乐队的演出.
我想你会有机会再见到他们的.
Hot stuff宝贝,美人,帅哥;奇才,非凡的事物
Hot stuff第一种解释:宝贝,美人,帅哥;第二种解释;奇才,非凡的事物
When someone is trying too hard to make himself look good,we can call him a hot stuff.有点讽刺意味
Hey come on hot stuff.Don't play too hard on your hair.We'll be late.
行了大帅哥,别弄你的头发了,我们快迟到了.
That cellphone sure is hot stuff.It has so many new features.
那款手机可真够棒的,有那么多新功能.
She's really hot stuff at tennis.
她可真是网球好手.
Hack into 侵入
Young man.I need you to hack into the computer and find the missing files.
年轻人,我要你侵入电脑里,把我们丢失的文件找回来。
Let's try to hack into the building by going up the fire escape.
我们试试从防火通道进入大楼吧。
Some analysts believe Chinese people with state backing have been trying to hack into Pentagon computers.
一些分析家相信,中国一些有政府撑腰的黑客企图进入五角大楼的电脑系统。
He would jack into the digital world of computer data (known as the matrix) to hack into high-security corporate databases for his employers.
他有能耐可以进入雇主的高安全性的员工资料库里加以破坏。
Leading teams encrypt their communications to and from drivers to protect information from rivals but Todt said it was common practice to hack into them.
领先的车队总是加密他们与车手之间的无线电通讯以防竞争对手获取他们的资料,但是托德说窃听无线电通讯的做法是司空见惯的。
Read one's mind读透......的心思
We spend so much time together.I feel like I can read your mind.
我们相处这么久了,我想我明白你是怎么想的.
Just because you know I like Tom Cruise,it doesn't mean you can read my mind.
你不要以为你知道我喜欢汤姆.克鲁斯,就认为你很了解我.
On the lam 潜逃
Mrs.Taylor, her husband at her side, surrendered to police Saturday after two days on the lam.
泰勒太太,逃亡两天以后,星期六由她丈夫陪伴向警方自首。
He was on the lam from the police after they found out he was using stolen credit cards.
他被警方发现偷盗信用卡之后就一直潜逃。
You're gonna have to go on the lam if you don't wanna go to jail.
不想坐牢的话就快逃。
The swindler took it on the lam and was never seen again.
那骗子溜之大吉,再没露过面。
Set someone up陷害谁;being set up被陷害
You set me up!
你陷害了我!
I didn't steal your DVD player.I know I'm being set up.
我没偷你的DVD机,我是被冤枉的.
He was set up by the mafia to look like he was guilty
他被黑手党陷害有罪.
When the chips are down在最无助的时候;紧急关头
You are always there for me when the chips are down.I know I can always count on you.
每当我最无助的时候,你都在那里默默的支持我。我明白,我可以一直信赖你。
When the chips are down,you have to rely on your family for support.
当你最无助的时候,家是给你支持的地方。
You'll never know what he will do when the chips are down.
你永远不知道他在关键时刻会做出甚麽惊人之事!
Harold complains quite a lot, but when the chips are down he always defends his company and is really very loyal.
哈罗德常常抱怨不断,但在紧急关头,他总是护卫着他的公司,他的确非常忠诚。
See the light明白真相
Hopefully one day she'll see the light and realize that he's all wrong for her.
希望有一天她会看清事实,明白他并不适合她.
Before I got into the accident,I never wore a seat belt.Now that I've seen the light,I wear one all the time.
在出事故之前,我从不系安全带.可既然我已经知道了它的重要性,我就总是戴着它.
Tap into去了解,接近,挖掘
I'd really like to tap into the overseas market.I think there's a lot of business opportunities there.
我很想探寻海外市场.我觉得那有很多商业机会.
To understand the American slang you really have to tap into the whole culture.
想学习美国俚语的话,你真的需要进一步了解它的整体文化.