(单词翻译:单击)
Make it easy on you 放你一马;简明的说
If you ensure that you'll go working on time,I'll make it easy on you.
如果你从现在开始保证准时上班,我将放你一马.
Um...right. Well, obviously you have some issues with royalty, so I'll make it easy on you: I'm not the king of anywhere.
唔...没错.不过,很明显你们这儿有皇室出入,所以我明说:我不是任何一地的国王.
Time is running out 时间不多了
Time is running out=you have no much time left to do what you're doing 意思是时间不多了,时间到了.
We've to finish sewing your dress.Time is running out.The dance is tomorrow night.
我们得缝好礼服,时间不多了,舞会明晚就开始.
The test is tomorrow morning and I haven't even started studying.Time is running out.
明早就考试了,可我还没开始学习,时间来不及了.
No stunt 别玩什么花样
I don't like it when you drive your motorcycle really fast.I'm not interested in those kinds of stunts.
Talk sb. out of sth.劝...不要...;劝...改变想法
David was to drop out of school.I'm trying to talk him out of it.
大卫想退学,我会劝他不要这样做的.
I can't talk her out of marrying him.She won't listen to me.
我不能改变她要嫁给他的想法,她不会听我的.
I blew it 我把......搞砸了
I really wanted to go to law school,but I blew the exams.I can't get in right now.
我真的很想进法学院,但我考砸了,不会被录取的.
The exam wasn't very hard, but I blew it.
考试并不难,可我考砸了.
On glue 犯傻,冒傻气
She must have been on glue to wear that dress to the party. It makes her look so bad.
她穿那件裙子去晚会真是冒傻气.那看起来差劲极了.
Walking felony 危险人物,恐怖人物
That girl is a walking felony in that dress. She is so sexy that she made all the other girls look bad.
那个姑娘可是个危险人物.她穿那个裙子太性感了,其他人都黯然失色了.
There's a walking felony. That guy's so drunk that he looks like he's about to ride his bike into the back of the bus.
那有一危险人物.他一定是喝多了,想把自行车往公交车上开.
Spill把内心世界讲给别人听;泄露
Janny was so upset with the fight she had with her husband. She had to spill all the details to her mother.
珍妮和丈夫吵架很生气,她得去找妈妈好好地聊一聊.
Who spilled the news about the surprise birthday party? Now everyone knows, including the birthday girl.
谁把生日宴会这个惊喜泄露出去的?现在包括寿星在内,所有的人都知道了.
No biggie 没什么大不了的
I'm sorry I can't make it to go to your house for dinner tonight.
No biggie. I'm too tired to cook a big meal anyway.
很抱歉我今晚不能去你家共进晚餐.
没事儿,正好我今天很累,要我做大餐我可能也受不了.
My girlfriend told me it's no biggie that I didn't buy her a present for Valentine's Day. I don't believe her. I think she's mad.
我忘了给我女朋友买情人节礼物,可她说这没什么大不了的.我才不信她呢,她肯定气疯了.
Put sb. on the spot 让......难堪
The teacher put me on the spot today when he asked me to read out loud my essay in front of the whole class.
老师让我在全班同学的面前大声朗读我的文章,这真的让我很难堪.
You're really putting me on the spot by asking me for money. I don't have that much right now, either.
你管我要钱我很下不来台的.我现在也没有那么多.