老美说烂的但教科书只字不提的地道美语
日期:2009-12-17 10:36

(单词翻译:单击)



Dead end. 死胡同.

a point at which you can make no further progress in what you are doing 绝境;僵局;死胡同

We had come to a dead end in our research.

我们的研究工作已陷入绝境.

This line of investigation could prove to be a complete dead end.

这种调查方法到头来可能是完全没有结果的.

He's in a dead-end job in the local factory(= one with low wages and no hope of promotion).

他在当地工厂的工作是没有前途的.




You ask for it! 活该!




It can be a killer.

这是个伤脑筋的问题.





He pushes his luck.

他太贪心了.





It doesn't take much of you time.

这不花你好多时间.





We have no way out.

我们没办法.





It was something that happens once in the blue moon.

这是千载难逢的事.





Do you have any money on you?

你身上带钱了吗?





Don't get me wrong.

别误会我.





Come on, be reasonable.

嗨,怎么不讲道理.
分享到
重点单词
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升