(单词翻译:单击)
第五节 鼓励与安慰
40.Cheer up!
振作起来!
【疯狂实战】
A: My wife has been gone for two weeks visiting her mother.
(我妻子回娘家已经两个星期了。)
B: Cheer up! She’ll be back soon.
(别垂头丧气的!她很快就会回来的。)
A: Our proposal didn’t go through.
(我们的提议没有通过。)
B: Cheer up! I have a better idea.
(振作起来!我有个更好的主意。)
A: I missed an important class before the test.
(我错过了考试前的一堂重要的课。)
B: Cheer up! I’ll show you my notes.
(别担心!我把我的笔记给你看。)
【额外成就感】
“cheer up” 也可用作“cheer sb.up” ,意为“使某人高兴/振作起来” 。
①I’ll cheer her up.(我会让她高兴起来的。)
②I’m trying to cheer you up.(我会努力让你振作起来的。)
③Let’s cheer Susan up.(我们去安慰一下Susan。)
41.Hang in there!
别气馁;坚持下去!
【疯狂讲解】
这个口语要素是个成语,含有牢牢抓住什么不放手的含义,在不论如何艰难困苦也毫不后退的场合使用。常用于口语,书面一般不用。
【疯狂实战】
A: I can’t believe I failed the exam again.
(简直不敢相信,我这次考试又不及格。)
B: Hang in there! Give it another try.
(别灰心!再接再厉!)
A: My husband got fired.
(我老公被炒鱿鱼了。)
B: Oh, no! Hang in there, Kim!
(噢,太不幸了!一定要扛住呀,Kim!)
A: English is so difficult. Grammar really bothers me!
(英语可真难学,它的语法让我烦透了!)
B: Hang in there!
(别泄气!)
【额外成就感】
①Just hang in there!(一定要坚持住!)
②Just hang in there. Everything is going to be all right.(不要气馁。一切都会好的。)
42.Don’t give up!
别放弃!
【疯狂实战】
A: Don’t give up, Eden. Hang in there!
(不要放弃,Eden。继续努力!)
B: I’m doing my best!
(我正在努力!)
A: I asked the boss for a raise, but he said no.
(我要求老板给我加薪,可他说不行。)
B: Don't give up. Try again later.
(别灰心。以后再试试看。)
A: I just don’t think I’ll ever learn to speak good English.
(我想我永远也讲不好英语。)
B: Don’t give up. You can do it.
(别放弃。你能做到的。)
43.Keep trying!
继续努力!
【疯狂实战】
A: I really want that promotion, but I keep getting turned down.
(我真的很想得到提升,可我总是被否定。)
B: Keep trying! You’ll get it.
(别泄气!你会得到提升的。)
A: I want to get into Cambridge. But I know it is difficult.
(我想进剑桥。不过,我知道这很难。)
B: Keep trying. You’ll succeed.
(别泄气,你会成功的。)
A: I’ve been trying to get a hold of Jim for an hour, but the line is busy.
(我给Jim打了一个小时的电话,但总是占线。)
B: Keep trying. He just likes to talk on the phone, you’ll get through sooner or later.
(继续打。他就是喜欢“煲电话粥”,你迟早会打通的。)
44.Go for it!
努力争取;为此努力吧!
【疯狂实战】
A: I'm going to try out for the basketball team. Do you think I'm tall enough?
(我想参加篮球队,你觉得我够高吗?)
B: Sure you are! Go for it!
(当然够高!尽管做吧!)
A: Mary, you can't quit now! You’re almost at the finish line! Go for it!
(玛丽,现在不能放弃!你差不多就成功了,要努力争取啊!)
B: I’m going to make it!
(我会成功的!)
A: I’ve been thinking of quitting my job and starting my own business.
(我正考虑辞职,自己做生意。)
B: Go for it!
(尽管做吧!)
45. Go ahead!
去吧;去做吧!
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you mind if I borrow your phone?
(介意把你的电话借我一用吗?)
B: No, not at all. Go ahead.
(一点儿也不介意,尽管用吧。)
A: Can I sit down here?
(我可以坐这儿吗?)
B: Go ahead.
(坐吧。)
A: I want to ask him for his autograph, but I am scared.
(我想要他的亲笔签名,但我不敢叫他签。)
B: Go ahead. Do it.
(去吧,没事的。)
46.Relax!
放松点!
【疯狂实战】
A: I am so nervous about giving my presentation tomorrow.
(明天要作一个演说,我很紧张。)
B: Relax, you’ll be fine.
(放松点!,你会表现得很好的。)
A: I just can’t stop worrying about my exam results.
(我一直都在担心我的考试成绩。)
B: Relax, there’s nothing you can do now but wait.
(放松点,现在除了等,你别无他法。)
A: I’ve ever traveled alone before.
(我以前从未一个人单独去旅游过。)
B: Relax. There’s nothing to it.
(放松点。没什么大不了的。)
47. Be careful.
当心;小心。
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you think I can go to Shanghai by myself?
(你认为我自己一个人能去上海吗?)
B: Sure. Be careful.
(当然可以。要小心。)
A: I’m going to jog for a while.
(我要出去跑跑步。)
B: All right. Be careful.
(好的。要当心。)
A: Be careful. The walls have ears.
(当心隔墙有耳。)
B: You’re right.
(没错。)
【额外成就感】
①Drive carefully.(小心驾驶。)
②Work carefully.(认真工作。)
③Do it carefully.(仔细点。)
48.Don’t worry!
别着急!
【疯狂实战】
A: Mary should be back home now.
(玛丽现在应该回来了。)
B: Don’t worry. She’s no longer a child.
(别担心。她已经不再是孩子了。)
A: I think I left the car windows open.
(我想我忘了关车窗了。)
B: Don't worry, I closed them.
(别担心,我关好了。)
A: Be sure to come back before eleven o’clock.
(十一点之前一定要回来。)
B: Don’t worry. We will.
(别担心,我们会的。)
49. Take it easy!
慢慢来;别着急;放松点!
【疯狂实战】
A: I’m going to finish all this work tonight.
(我今晚要把这些工作全部完成。)
B: Take it easy!
(别着急,慢慢来。/悠着点儿(北京话)!)
A: I’ll make this up to you. I promise.
(我保证一定会给你补上。)
A: Take it easy! I’m not angry with you.
(没关系。我不是生你的气。)
A: I lost my passport. What am I going to do?
(我的护照丢了。这下我该怎么办?)
B: Take it easy! When did you last use it?
(别慌。你最后一次用它是什么时候?)