剑桥雅思13真题听力 第21期:Test3(section3-1)
日期:2018-07-30 13:40

(单词翻译:单击)

OK, Jim. You wanted to see me about your textile design project.
好的,Jim。你想让我看看你的纺织品设计研究课题。
That's right. I've been looking at how a range of natural dyes can be used to colour fabrics like cotton and wool.
是的。我正在研究一系列的天然染料如何给像棉花和羊毛这种材料染色。
Why did you choose that topic?
你为什么选择这个课题呢?
Well, I got a lot of useful ideas from the museum, you know, at that exhibition of textiles.
恩,我从博物馆里汲取了很多有用的想法,你知道的,就在纺织品展那里。
But I've always been interested in anything to do with colour.
但是我一直对和颜色相关的一切都很感兴趣。
Years ago, I went to a carpet shop with my parents when we were on holiday in Turkey, and I remember all the amazing colors.
很多年以前,我和我父母去土耳其旅游的时候进了一家地毯商店,我仍然记得那些美妙的颜色。
They might not all have been natural dyes.
它们可能不完全都是自然染料染的。
Maybe not, but for the project I decided to follow it up.
可能不是,但是我想做一个延续这个的课题。
And I found a great book about a botanic garden in California that specialises in plants used for dyes.
我发现一本关于加利福尼亚植物园的很棒的书,专攻用作染料的植物。
OK. So, in your project, you had to include a practical investigation.
好的,所以在你的课题中,你得包括实际调查。
Yeah. At first I couldn't decide on my variables.
是的。刚开始我没法决定我的变量。
I was going to just look at one type of fibre for example, like cotton. . .
我就想先研究一种类型的纤维,比如说,棉花...
And see how different types of dyes affected it?
然后看看不同染料是如何影响它的?
Yes. Then I decided to include others as well.
对。然后我决定把其他的也包括进来。
So I looked at cotton and wool and nylon.
所以我研究了棉花、羊毛和尼龙。
With just one type of dye?
只是一种染料吗?
Various types, including some that weren't natural, for comparison. OK.
很多种,包括非自然的染料,用作对比。好的。
So, I did the experiments last week.
所以,我上周做了实验。
I used some ready-made natural dyes.
我用了一些现成的自然染料。
I found a website which supplied them, they came in just a few days.
我找到了一个提供这些材料的网站,几天就到了。
But I also made some of my own.
但是我自己也做了一些。
That must have taken quite a bit of time.
那肯定花了很多时间。
Yes, I'd thought it'd just be a matter of a teaspoon or so of dye.
是的,我本来觉得只需要一茶匙左右的染料。
And actually that wasn't the case at all.
后来发现完全不是这样。
Like I was using one vegetable, beetroot, for a red dye.
就像我在使用一种蔬菜,也就是甜菜根做红色燃料的时候。
And I had to chop up a whole pile of it.
我得切上一堆原材料。
So it all took longer than I'd expected.
所以比我预期花了更多的时间。
One possibility is to use food colorings.
有一种可能是使用食物染色。
I did use one. That was a yellow dye, an artificial one. Tartrazine?
我确实用了。那是一种黄色染料,人工的。酒石黄吗?
Yeah. I used it on cotton first. It came out a great colour.
是的,我刚开始在棉花上用了它。颜色很好看。
But when I rinsed the material, the colour was just washed away.
但是当我漂洗材料的时候,颜色全被洗掉了。
I'd been going to try it out on nylon, but I abandoned that idea.
我本来想在尼龙上试一下,但是我放弃了那个想法。
Were you worried about health issues?
你担心健康问题吗?
I'd thought if it's a legal food colouring, it must be safe.
我觉得如果它是合法的食物染色剂的话,应该是安全的。
Well, it can occasionally cause allergic reactions, I believe.
恩,但是它有时候会导致一些过敏反应。

分享到
重点单词
  • occasionallyadv. 偶尔地
  • exhibitionn. 展示,展览
  • rangen. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列 v. 排列,归类于
  • affectedadj. 受影响的,受感动的,受疾病侵袭的 adj. 做
  • artificialadj. 人造的,虚伪的,武断的
  • allergicadj. 过敏的,反感的
  • comparisonn. 比较
  • wooln. 羊毛,毛线,毛织品
  • textilen. 纺织品
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作