(单词翻译:单击)
OK, so this slide shows a map of the central area of Granford, with the High Street in the middle and School Road on the right.
好的,这张幻灯片展示了Granford地区的中心区域地图,中间是商业街,右边是学校路。
Now, we already have a set of traffic lights in the High Street at the junction with Station Road,
现在,在商业街和车站路的交叉口已经有交通信号灯了,
but we're planning to have another set at the other end, at the School Road junction,
但是我们打算在另一边也设置一组信号灯,也就是学校路的交叉口,
to regulate the flow of traffic along the High Street.
来管制商业街沿线的交通。
We've decided we definitely need a pedestrian crossing.
我们决定必须要有一个人行道十字路口。
We considered putting this on School Road, just outside the school,
我们本来打算把它放在学校路,就在学校外面,
but in the end we decided that could lead to a lot of traffic congestion.
但是后来我们觉得这可能会带来很多交通拥堵问题。
So we decided to locate it on the High Street, crossing the road in front of the supermarket.
所以我们决定把它设置在商业街,穿过超市前面的马路。
That's a very busy area, so it should help things there.
那个区域非常繁忙,所以肯定会有所帮助的。
We're proposing some changes to parking.
在停车方面,我们也有提议一些改变。
At present, parking isn't allowed on the High Street outside the library,
目前,图书馆外的商业街区域不允许停车,
but we're going to change that, and allow parking there, but not at the other end of the High Street near School Road.
但是我们打算改变这种状况,允许在这个地方停车,但是另一端的靠近学校路的商业街区域不允许停车。
There'll be a new "No Parking" sign on School Road, just by the entrance to the school, forbidding parking for 25 meters.
学校路会有一个新的"不可停车"的标志,就在学校门口,禁止在学校门口25米区域内停车。
This should improve visibility for drivers and pedestrians, especially on the bend just to the north of the school.
这会提高司机和行人的可见度,尤其是在学校北面的弯道那里。
As far as disabled drivers are concerned, at present they have parking outside the supermarket,
就残疾人司机而言,目前他们在超市外面有自己的停车区,
but lorries also use those spaces, so we've got two new disabled parking spaces on the side road up towards the bank.
但是货车也在使用这些地方,所以我们在通往银行的辅路上设置了两个新的残疾人停车区。
It's not ideal, but probably better than the present arrangement.
这并不是最理想的解决方式,但是可能比目前的安排要好。
We also plan to widen the pavement on School Road.
我们也计划拓宽学校路的人行道。
We think we can manage to get an extra half-meter on the bend just before you get to the school, on the same side of the road.
我们觉得可以将进入学校前的那个弯道扩宽半米,就在路的同一边。
Finally, we've introduced new restrictions on loading and unloading for the supermarket,
最后,我们也会推行新的超市装卸货规定,
so lorries will only be allowed to stop there before 8 am.
这样的话,货车只有早晨八点之前才允许停在那里。
That's the supermarket on School Road -- we kept to the existing arrangements with the High Street supermarket.
那是学校路上的超市--我们会保持和商业街上的超市相同的安排。
OK. So that's about it.
好的。就这些。