剑桥雅思12真题听力 第29期:Test4(section3-1)
日期:2017-07-27 16:09

(单词翻译:单击)

Joe, you know I'm giving a presentation in our film studies class next week? Yes.
Joe,你知道我要在咱们下周的电影研究课上做汇报吗?知道。
Well, could we discuss it? I could do with getting someone else's opinion.
我们能讨论一下吗?我想听听别人的意见。
Of course, Katie. What are you going to talk about?
当然可以,你要讲的是什么呢?
It's about film adaptations of Shakespeare's plays.
讲的是莎士比亚戏剧的电影改编。
I've got very interested in all the different approaches that film directors take. Uhuh.
我对电影导演采用的不同改编方法很感兴趣。嗯。
So I thought I'd start with Giannetti, who's a professor of film and literature,
我想从 Giannetti 开始,他是一位电影和文学教授,
and in one of his books he came up with a straightforward classification of film adaptations based on how faithful they are to the original plays and novels.
在他的一本书中,他基于电影对原剧本和小说的忠实程度提出了一种电影改编的直接分类方法。
Right. I've already made some notes on that, so I just need to sort those out before the presentation.
嗯。关于这些我已经做了一些笔记,所以我只需要在汇报前整理清楚就行。
I thought that next I'd ask the class to come up with the worst examples of Shakespeare adaptations that they've seen, and to say why.
接下来我会在班上问大家看过哪些最糟糕的莎士比亚戏剧改编电影,并问问大家为什么。
That should be more fun than having their favourite versions.
这应该比问看过最好的是哪些要有趣。
Yes, I can certainly think of a couple!
是的,我一定能想出几部来。
Right. Next I want to talk about Rachel Malchow.
嗯,再接下来我想谈谈 Rachel Malchow.
I came across something on the internet about her work on film adaptations, and I was thinking of showing some film clips to illustrate her ideas.
我在网上偶然看到过一些东西,是有关她关于电影改编的作品的。我想到时候放一些电影片段来阐述她的想法。
Will you have enough time, though? Both to prepare and during the presentation?
不过你有足够的时间吗?除了准备材料,还有汇报期间的时间够吗?
After all, I doubt if you'll be able to find all the clips you want.
我终究还是怀疑你能不能找到你想要的所有的电影片段。
Hmm. Perhaps you're right.
嗯,也许你是对的。
OK, well, I'd better do some slides instead, saying how various films relate to what she says.
那我最好做一些幻灯片来代替,讲一讲不同的电影是怎么跟她所说的联系起来的。
That should encourage discussion. Mmm.
这应该会对大家的讨论起到鼓励作用。嗯。
Next I want to say something about how plays may be chosen for adaptation because they're concerned with issues of the time when the film is made.
接下来我想谈谈戏剧是如何因为与电影制作时的某些事件产生联系而被选中进行改编的。
You mean things like patriotism, or the role of governments?
你是说比如爱国主义或是政府角色之类的东西?
Exactly. It's quite tricky, but I've got a few ideas I'd like to discuss.
是的,这很复杂,但是我已经有了几个想要讨论的想法。

分享到