(单词翻译:单击)
So how did you manage to capture that?
那你是怎么捕捉这一点的呢?
I'd...I'd visualise what he must have been like in the past when he was sitting in his consulting room listening to his patients.
我......我会想象他过去坐在诊疗室里听病人讲述病情的样子。
OK, so that's what you explain in your report. Right.
哦,你可以把这个写进报告里啊。对啊。
Then there's the issue of atmosphere, so in the first scene we needed to know how boring life was in the doctor's village in the 1950s,
然后就是营造气氛了:在第一个场景,要向观众展现出二十世纪五十年代的时候,医生所在的那个村子里的生活有多么无聊。
so when the curtain went up on the first scene in the waiting room, there was that long silence before anyone spoke.
所以当第一个场景的大幕拉开的时候,出现的是候诊室,
And then people kept saying the same thing over and over like Cold, isn't it?'
在有人开始说话之前那里是一阵长时间的沉默。接着人们反复说着同一句话“好冷啊,是吧?”
Yes, and everyone wore grey and brown, and just sat in a row.
对,而且每个人都穿着灰色和棕色的衣服坐成一排。
Yes, all those details of the production.
没错,所有那些作品中的细节都可以写进去。
And I have to analyse how I functioned in the group what I found out about myself.
我还得分析我是如何在小组中发挥作用的,通过这个节目我对自己有什么新的认识。
I know I was so frustrated at times, when we couldn't agree.
我只知道每次我们意见不统一的时候,我都很懊丧。
Yes. So did one person emerge as the leader?
嗯,那你们中有人充当领队吗?
Sophia did. That was OK. she helped us workout exactly what to do for the production.
Sophia是我们的领队,这很棒,因为在准备作品的时候她给我们做好了分工,
And that made me feel better I suppose.
这样我就觉得好多了。
When you understood what needed doing?
这样你就知道自己要做些什么了?
Yes. And Sophia did some research, too.
没错,而且Sophia还做了一些调查。
That was useful in developing our approach.
这在我们研究表演方法的时候非常有用。
Like what? Well, she found these articles from the 1950s about how relationships between children and their parents
比如?她找到了一些二十世纪五十年代的文章,关于那个时代父母和孩子之间的关系,
or between the public and people like bank managers or the police were shifting.
或者大众和银行经理、警察之类的人之间的关系是如何变化的。
Interesting. And did you have any practical problems to overcome?
有意思。你们当初还有什么要克服的实际问题吗?
Well, in the final rehearsal everything was going fine until the last scene that's where the doctor's first patient appears on stage on his own.
有,我们最后一次排练的时候,除了最后一幕一切都很顺利,最后一幕的时候医生的第一位病人要独自出现在舞台上。
The one in the wheelchair? Yes, and he had this really long speech, with the stage all dark except for one spotlight,
那个坐轮椅的病人?对,他有一段很长的独白,那时候需要把舞台全部打暗只留一道追光,
and then that stuck somehow so it was shining on the wrong side of the stage...but anyway we got that fixed,thank goodness.
但是不知道怎么回事,那一段总是出问题,追光会出现在舞台的另一边......不过谢天谢地,最后我们总算把它搞定了。
Yes, it was fine on the night.
是的,昨天晚上演出的时候还挺正常的。