1.Some people think that hard work and determination are the keys to success in life. Some, on the other hand, think that there are other factors behind a successful life.Discuss both sides abd give your opinion.或 Some people believe that personal happiness is directly related to economic success. Others believe there are other factors. Discuss the two sides and give your opinion. 或Most people have dreams of one day becoming rich. But does the average person have the ability to make a lot of money? Think about this question. Then write about 250 words describing your thoughts
2.Some employers are giving increased importance to social skills in addition to good qualifications. Do you agree or disagree that social skills are as important as good qualifications for success in jobs?或More and more employees work at home with modern technology. Some people claim that it benefits only workers, but not employers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?或Some people think that robot technology is very important for our future. Some others believe that robots are a dangerous invention and have negative effects on society. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3.Nowadays, food travels thousands of miles from the farm to the consumer. Is it a positive or a negative development?或Food can be produced cheaper if we use improved fertilizers and better machinery. However some of methods may be dangerous for human health, and have negative effects for local communities. What is your opinion?或In many countries traditional foods are being replaced by international fast foods. Some people think that there are negative effects on both family and the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. In the modern world, it is no longer necessary to use animals for food, or animal products for clothing and medicine, for example. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?或Human activities have negative effects on plant and animal species. Some people think it is too late to do anything about this problem. Others believe that effective measures can be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and give our opinion.或 Wild animals have no place in the 21st century. Some people think that preventing these wild animals from dying out is a waste of resource. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.
5.Some people prefer to do the same job in the same place, but others prefer to change jobs frequently. You should use specific reasons to compare the advantages and disadvantages of both sides.或some people think job satisfaction is more important than job security.But others believe that people cannot always enjoy their jobs and having a permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.或People spend more and more time at their work place and don’t spend enough time with family and friends. Why is this happening? What consequences can this have for the family life and society?
6.Some people think advertising is discouraging us from being different individuals and makes everyone to be the same. Do you agree or disagree?或Advertising encourages consumers to buy in quantity rather than in quality. To what extent do you agree or disagree?或 Advertising is all around us, it is an unavoidable part of everyone?s life. Some people say that advertising is a positive part of our lives while others say it is negative. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
7.In some countries, young people are richer, safer and healthier than ever before, however, they are less happy. What are the reasons and what can be done to deal with the problem?或Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better jobs, while some people believe that university education should aim at cultivating studemts’ overall abilities. What is your opinion?或 Young people are important resources to their country, but governments may ignore some problems faced by young people in running the country. Please show those problems and give your ideal suggestions to solve them.
8.In some countries,TV programmes are transmitted throughout the day and night. Some people think that 24-hour TV transmission is a positive development, while others it is negative.What is your opinion? Advertising is all around us, it is an unavoidable part of everyone’s life. 或 Some people say that advertising is a positive part of our lives while others say it is negative. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
9.Traffic and housing problems in major cities could be solved by moving large companies and factories and their employers to the countryside. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 或The best way to reduce the number of traffic accidents is to make all young drivers complete a safe driving education course before being licensed to drive. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 或Since cities have changed a lot, the size of the cities has grown enormously. Discuss the causes and consequence of the enormous size of cities.
10. As technology develops, more shopping and business is done through the internet while communication face to face becomes less frequent. Is this a positive or a negative development?或 Nowadays, many people are using mobile phones. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this on individuals and society.
11.When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? 或More and more people using mobile phone and computer to instead of letters. Will letter disappear completely? Agree or disagree? How important of letter writing you think are?或者Nowadays, many people are using mobile phones. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this on individuals and society.
12.Sports are very popular in today's society. Some people believe, "Winning is the only thing." Others believe, “It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game." Is there a way in sports in which both opponents could "win" a game? "Lose" a game? Detail your thoughts on this issue in an essay of about 250 words. 或There are different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays?或 A balanced diet, or eating balanced meals, is the key to a healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
13.Individual greed and selfishness has been the basis of the modern society. Some people think that we must return to the older and more traditional values of respect for the family and the local community in order to create a better world to live in. what is your opnion?或Some people think that young people should follow the traditional values of their society. Others think that young people should be free to act as individuals. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. 或Some people think it is a waste of time plan for the future, and we should focus on the present. Do you agree or disagree?或
14. Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern building? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinon. 或When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
15. Sending criminals to the prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree?或Some reports have discovered the incidence of violence /crimes commited by young women is increasing. Give possible reasons and and recommendations to the situation.
16.Competitiveness is a positive quality for people in most societies. How doe competitiveness affect individuals? Is it a positive or negative quality?或What is your opinion about a success of a team: does it depend on mental attitude of the whole team or on the strongest individuals? 或
Some peoplethink children should learn to compete,but others think that children should be taught to cooperate. Express some reasons of both views and give your own opinion.
17.Financial education should be mandatory component of the school program. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?或It is often said that the subjects taught in schools are too academic in orientation and that it would be more useful for children to learn about practical matters such as home management, work and interpersonal skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?或In the past people thought that education was only for young people. Now it is believed that education is for a person's whole life. Do you agree? State with you own experience and specific details.
18.Many people say that we have developed into a “throw-away society”, because we are filling up our environment with so many plastic bags and rubbish that we cannot fully dispose of. To want degree do you agree with this opinion?或Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position?或 Some people believe that air travel should restricted because it cause serious pollution and uses up the world’s fuel resources .To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Some museums charge visitors for admission while others are free. What is your opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. 或Nowadays museums have become more and more important. What are the purposes of places such as museums and how should they be funded?或Some people think it is a waste of money to establish libraries since the public can use the Internet at home to obtain information,do you agree or disagree?
20.Some people think that news reports in the media have no connections with people's lives. Therefore, it is a waste of time reading newspapers or watching TV news programs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?或There is more and more violence in movies and on TV,therefore it is necessary for the govern to control the amount of it to decrease the violent crimes in the society.Do you agree or disagree?或“The media plays a valuable role in keeping us informed and entertained. However, many people believe it has too much power and freedom.” Discuss your views on this, giving examples and presenting a balanced argument both in favor of, and against, the power and freedom of the media.
21.Some people say that children should be disciplined in their early age, and punishment should be used. To some extent do you agree? What kind of punishment can be used by teachers and parents?或Some people think teachers have a greater influence than parents in the development of a child’s intelligence and social skills. Do you agree or disagree?或
Many families are having fewer children. Having even just one child can have a dramatic impact on the parents' lives. Write about this impact in about 250 words. You can discuss the negative impact, the positive impact, or both.
22. Some people believe that charity organizations should give the aid to those who are in great needs, while others think that charity organizations should concentrate on helping people who live in their own country. Discuss both views and give your opinion.或In many countries，the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society?或Some people believe that in order to give opportunities to new generation companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and personal experience.
23.In some countries, the proportion of elderly people will become higher than the proportion of younger people. Will this be a positive or a negative development?或Some people believe that in order to give opportunities to new generation companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and personal experience.或As for elderly, living in caring house is better than living at home with young children. Present your argument to illustrate whether you agree or disagree.
24. Some people think that, by paying taxes, they have made a big enough contribution to society. Others think people have more responsibilities as member of society than only paying taxes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.或Some people say that governments should pay for the public health care and education, while others say that it is not the government’s responsibility. Please discuss both views and give your own opinion.或Some children in rural places cannot have good schools and medical facilities. To improve this situation, some people suggest that new teachers and doctors should be sent to rural places for several years. Others, however, believe every one has the free right to choose where to work. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
25.Some people think that children of different abilities should be educated together. Other people think that it’s better to teach the intelligent children separately and with special treatment. What do you think?use your own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.或A lot of countries have schools that focus only on the males or females. What are the advantages and disadvantages of unisexual schools?或Writes an essay considering and assessing arguments for and against the following view: As reading is important for a good education, we should encourage our children to read whatever appeals to them. 或A lot of countries have schools that focus only on the males or females. What are the advantages and disadvantages of unisexual schools?
26.Nowadays there are various methods to relieve the pressure in modern life. Some read or exercise, others work in their gardens. What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress? 或City dwellers seldom socialize with their neighbors today and the sense of community has been lost. Why has this happened and how to solve this problem? 或 A balanced diet, or eating balanced meals, is the key to a healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
27.In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of the people who speak it.To what extent do you agree or disagree?/ Some people think that machine translation is highly developed in today’s society. Therefore it is not necessary for children to learn a foreign language. What’s your opinion?
28.Nowadays, some workplaces tend to employ equal numbers of men and women. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?或Men and women employed in full-time jobs have to share evenly household chores and caring for children at home. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.或 Some people believe that women should play an equal role as men in a country’s police force or military force, such as the army, while others think women are not suitable for these kinds of jobs. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
29.Although it is a freedom to use tobacco while some people think it should be made illegal as the same way as other drugs. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What’s your opinion? 或Environmental problems are too big for individual countries and individual people to address. We have reached the stage where the only way to protect the environment is at an international level. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? 或The development of science and technology benefit our life. However, scientists cannot find effective solutions to the problems they created. To what degree do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
30. Creative artists should be given freedom to express their ideas (words, pictures, music and films. However some people think government should take some restriction with them. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give your reasons with own knowledge and give examples.
或者Should governments spend money on art, when they have so many other important issues and concerns? You should use your own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
31.Some people belive everyone has the right to get university education. To what extent do you agree government should make it free to all people no matter of their financial background?或In some countries young people ar encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. 或Some people think that examinations have some bad effects on both students and teachers. Some people say they do a good job in the evaluation of the students’ performance. What is your opinion?
32.When visiting foreign countries some people think that it is advantageous to learn their cultures and taditions. How do you think people can learn other cultures and traditions? Why do you think that some people are interested in learning those traditions and cultures while others are not?或Some people say the popularity of English and tourism will harm the minorities and minor languages, To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. 或Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten.Discuss.或Globalization will inevitablely lead to the loss of a variety of languages and cultures.Give reasons and solutions.