2012年5月19日雅思写作大作文整体预测：妇女问题，交通问题，犯罪,媒体,年青人问题，教育,交通问题，环境保护, 语言学习,城市扩张,老年人问题,手机,网络，科技，传统技术保护,政府投资医疗社会福利,空中旅游，食品,旅游，全球化,文化, 动物保护，社会经济工作问题,城乡差别,艺术，节假日休闲，家庭生活等话题，要求同学们多准备这方面的词汇和句型。
2012年5月19日大作文具体题目预测： (调整了第1,2,25, 27题)预测题目按照重点先后顺序排列，可以根据自己时间取舍最前面10题(最重点)/15题(一般重点)/20题(次重点)/30题。
1. Young people are important resources to their country, but governments may ignore some problems faced by young people in running the country. Please show those problems and give your ideal suggestions to solve them. 或者In many countries, more and more young people are leaving school and unable to find jobs after graduation. What problems do you think youth unemployment will cause to the individual and the society? Give reasons and make some suggestions.
2.Some peoplethink children should learn to compete,but others thinkthat children should be taught to cooperate. Express some reasons of both views and give your own opinion.或What is your opinion about a success of a team: does it depend on mental attitude of the whole team or on the strongest individuals?
3. The development of science and technology benefit our life. However, scientists cannot find effective solutions to the problems they created. To what degree do you agree or disagree with this opinion? 或The typical teaching situation of a teacher and students will no exist in 2050, to what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Nowadays there are various methods to relieve the pressure in modern life. Some read or exercise, others work in their gardens. What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress? 或There are different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays?或Sports are very popular in today's society. Some people believe, "Winning is the only thing." Others believe, “It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game." Is there a way in sports in which both opponents could "win" a game? "Lose" a game? Detail your thoughts on this issue in an essay of about 250 words.
5. Environmental problems are too big for individual countries and individual people to address. We have reached the stage where the only way to protect the environment is at an international level. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? /或Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position?
6. In the past people thought that education was only for young people. Now it is believed that education is for a person's whole life. Do you agree? State with you own experience and specific details.
7. Some people think that examinations have some bad effects on both students and teachers. Some people say they do a good job in the evaluation of the students’ performance. What is your opinion?
8. Sending criminals to the prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree? 或Some reports have discovered the incidence of violence /crimes commited by young women is increasing. Give possible reasons and and recommendations to the situation.
9. Many people argue that in order to improve educational quality continuously, students are encouraged to make comments or even criticism on teachers. Others think the respect and discipline in the classroom will disappear. Which opinion do you prefer?
10. Should governments spend money on art, when they have so many other important issues and concerns? You should use your own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence. 或者 Creative artists should be given freedom to express their ideas (words, pictures, music and films. However some people think government should take some restriction with them. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give your reasons with own knowledge and give examples.
11. Recently we are facing increasing number of cars, which poses great threat to the pedestrians and cyclists. What’s more, a lot of parks need to be sacrificed as a result of the construction of railways and superhighways. Do you agree or disagree? What do you think is the best solution to satisfy residents to their heart’s content?或In most parts of the world, the volume of traffic is growing at an alarming rate. In the form of an assignment, discuss about the main traffic problems in your country, their causes and possible solutions.
12. Some people believe that women should play an equal role as men in a country’s police force or military force, such as the army, while others think women are not suitable for these kinds of jobs. Discuss both views and give your opinion.或者More and more women go out to work. Is it the government’s responsibility to subsidize them and provide free staff and facilities to care for their children? To what extent do you agree or disagree to this idea?
13. Some people think that a new language should be invented for people from different countries to use for the international communication. To what extent do you think its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages?或 In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of the people who speak it.To what extent do you agree or disagree?或 Some people think that machine translation is highly developed in today’s society. Therefore it is not necessary for children to learn a foreign language. What’s your opinion?
14. Some people believe that personal happiness is directly related to economic success. Others believe there are other factors. Discuss the two sides and give your opinion.
15.People spend more and more time at their work place and don’t spend enough time with family and friends. Why is this happening? What consequences can this have for the family life and society? 或者Some people prefer to do the same job in the same place, but others prefer to change jobs frequently. You should use specific reasons to compare the advantages and disadvantages of both sides.
16.More and more employees work at home with modern technology. Some people claim that it benefits only workers, but not employers. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 或As technology develops, more shopping and business is done through the internet while communication face to face becomes less frequent. Is this a positive or a negative development?或 Nowadays, many people are using mobile phones. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this on individuals and society.
17. Since cities have changed a lot, the size of the cities has grown enormously. Discuss the causes and consequence of the enormous size of cities.
18. It is often said that the subjects taught in schools are too academic in orientation and that it would be more useful for children to learn about practical matters such as home management, work and interpersonal skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Some people say the popularity of English and tourism will harm the minorities and minor languages, To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. /Globalization will inevitablely lead to the loss of a variety of languages and cultures.Give reasons and solutions.
20.A lot of countries have schools that focus only on the males or females. What are the advantages and disadvantages of unisexual schools?
21. Some people say that governments should pay for the public health care and education, while others say that it is not the government’s responsibility. Please discuss both views and give your own opinion.
22. Some people believe that air travel should restricted because it cause serious pollution and uses up the world’s fuel resources .To what extent do you agree or disagree?
23. Wild animals have no place in the 21st century. Some people think that preventing these wild animals from dying out is a waste of resource. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.
24. Some people think that children of different abilities should be educated together. Other people think that it’s better to teach the intelligent children separately and with special treatment. What do you think?use your own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
25. Writes an essay considering and assessing arguments for and against the following view: As reading is important for a good education, we should encourage our children to read whatever appeals to them.
26. Advertising is all around us, it is an unavoidable part of everyone?s life. Some people say that advertising is a positive part of our lives while others say it is negative. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
27. Food can be produced cheaper if we use improved fertilizers and better machinery. However some of methods may be dangerous for human health, and have negative effects for local communities. What is your opinion?或In many countries traditional foods are being replaced by international fast foods. Some people think that there are negative effects on both family and the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?或 A balanced diet, or eating balanced meals, is the key to a healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
28. More and more people using mobile phone and computer to instead of letters. Will letter disappear completely? Agree or disagree? How important of letter writing you think are?或When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?/
29.Some people believe that in order to give opportunities to new generation companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and personal experience.或 In many countries，the proportion of older people is steadily increasing.Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society?
30. There is more and more violence in movies and on TV,therefore it is necessary for the govern to control the amount of it to decrease the violent crimes in the society.Do you agree or disagree?或“The media plays a valuable role in keeping us informed and entertained. However, many people believe it has too much power and freedom.” Discuss your views on this, giving examples and presenting a balanced argument both in favor of, and against, the power and freedom of the media.