金融口语第2期 申请个人信用卡
日期:2012-09-04 17:16

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

A:I'd like to apply for a credit card. Can you help me with my application?
我想申请一张信用卡。你可以帮我申请吗?
B:I'd be glad to.
我很乐意帮你。
A:I'm afraid that I don't have a credit history. I just came to this country.
我没有信用卡的使用历史。我才刚来这个国家。
B:Do you have an account with this bank?
你有这个银行的账号吗?
A:I'm afraid not.
恐怕没有。
B:In that case I highly recommend you apply for a savings and checking account also. That would help with your credit card application.
这样的话,我极力推荐你申请一个即储蓄存款和支票存款于一身的账户。这对你的信用卡申请有帮助。
A:What is the interest rate on your card?
你们信用卡的利率是多少?
B:The annual charge rate is 9.5%.
每年的收费标准时9.5%。
A:That's very expensive!
真是贵啊!
B:Not really. The credit card is a revolving account. You only pay interest on what you owe.
不完全是。这种信用卡是一个循环账户。你只需付你赚的钱的利息就行了。
A:How does the bank bill its customers for credit card charges?
银行如何把信用卡费用账单交给客户?
B:You will receive a monthly statement with each expenditure itemized.
你每个月将会收到一份结算单,上面列出了每项费用。
A:Does the card provide any other benefits?
这种卡有什么福利吗?
B:You can also get a cash advance up to 1,000 dollars on this card.
使用这种卡你可以预支高达1000美元的现金。

文本注释

1.apply for 申请

2.interest rate 利率

3.provide benefits 提供福利

4.up to 高达…

5.cash advance 直译为现金提前,就是预支现金的意思,也就说所说的信用卡消费,可以透支。

6. with each expenditure itemized. 直译为带着每一笔花费都逐条记载,因为with表示的状态通常都有被动性的特点,因此应该理解为记载着每一笔开销更为通顺。相似的句子类型为:The by cried loudly, with his hands fisted.小男孩放声大哭,两手紧握着。

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • expendituren. (时间、劳力、金钱等)支出,使用,消耗
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎