译林版牛津高中英语(选修11):Unit 3 The secret of success-Project(1)
日期:2018-06-08 16:00

(单词翻译:单击)

My father, my hero
我的父亲,我心目中的英雄
I consider my father to be the most important person in my life.
我认为我父亲是我一生中最为重要的人。
This is not because he is famous or wealthy.
这并不因为他的名誉和财富。
We do not have a big car, and there are no old, expensive vases or paintings in our house.
我们家没有名贵的小轿车,没有古老、昂贵的花瓶或油画。
Rather, what I value about my father is the care and love he shows for me and my family.
然而,我尊重我父亲是因为他给予我和家人的关爱。
What blesses my father most is being able to put food on the table and a roof over our heads.
最让我父亲赶到幸福的是,他能够养家糊口,能让我们有栖身之所。
My father might work hard, but he is always there for us.
我父亲可能工作很辛苦,但是他永远陪伴着我们。
Whenever I trip or hurt myself playing sports, he's there to pick me up.
无论我跌倒时或在运动中伤到自己时,他总会扶我一把。
My brother and I grew up with his constant care and the funny nursery rhymes and stories he told us.
我哥哥和我是在他的精心照顾下,伴随着他所讲的有趣童谣和故事长大的。
My father's family came to the USA from China, and they were quite poor when he was a child.
我父亲的家人从中国来到美国,在父亲很小时,家里很穷。
He once told me his mom used pins to hold his shirt together when he went to school.
他曾告诉我,他母亲在他去上学时用别针把衬衫连在一起。
When he was only fourteen years old, he had to leave school and start working
他还只有14岁时,他不得不离校,开始去工作,
because my grandfather died, leaving no money and a big family behind.
因为我的祖父去世了,没有留下钱财,只撇下了一个大家庭。
If he had not worked, there would have been no one to support the family.
如果他不工作的话,就没有人养这一家人。

分享到