北师大版高中英语(必修3):Literature Spot3—Franken Stein(4)
日期:2016-08-10 16:38

(单词翻译:单击)

In my confusion, I broke her body into pieces.
我陷入了惊疑和震怒中,我把她的身体破成碎片。
The monster left, saying: 'I will be with you on your wedding night!'
我的怪物离开了,恐吓着:“我们会在你的新婚之夜再见。”
Then next day the police arrested me. I was accused of the murder of a young man.
第二天警察逮捕了我。我被指控杀死了一个年轻男人。
They showed me the body - it was my friend Henry!
他们给我看尸体—那是我的朋友亨利!
My monster had claimed his third victim.
我的怪物要去了他的第三个牺牲品。
They put me in prison, but, in the end, I was proved innocent.
他们关押了我,但是,最后我被证明无罪。
I was haunted by what the monster had said about my wedding night and I wanted to destroy him.
我为我的怪物关于我新婚之夜的宣言恐惧着,我要毁灭他。
On our wedding night, I was checking for the monster outside when I heard screams.
在我们的新婚之夜,我在外面巡视,但我听到屋里的一声尖叫。
I ran upstairs, only to find Elizabeth dead!
我跑上楼,只看到伊丽莎白的尸体!
The monster was at the window. He laughed before he ran off into the night.
我的怪物站在窗台,大笑几声,奔入了黑夜。
The destruction of the monster was now my only aim.
现在毁灭我的创造物是我唯一的目标。
I followed him all over the Earth
我追着他,满世界
- the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, Russia - but he always escaped.
—到地中海,黑海,俄罗斯—但他总是逃脱。
He went north.
他向北方去。
I followed him to the frozen wastes of the Arctic, but he was one step ahead.
我跟着他到了北极的无人冰原,但他总比我快一步。
I was drifting on a piece of broken ice when, dear captain, you found me.
当我倒在一块浮冰上随处漂流时,你找到了我,我的好舰长。
I am dying. Please believe my tale and promise me you will do all you can to kill this monster.'
我快要死了。请一定相信我的话并答应我一定尽你所能杀了那只怪物。”
Those were his last words. He died in my cabin.
这便是他的最后几句话。他死在我的船舱内。
I went out and then I heard strange noises.
我出去散心时,听到舱内有怪声。
When I returned to my cabin I saw the monster,
当我赶回船舱时我见到了那怪物,
a horrible creature, kneeling next to Frankenstein and crying.
那个可怕的怪物,跪在弗兰肯斯坦身边哭泣。
He told me how miserable he had been and how guilty he felt.
他告诉我,他有多痛苦,多内疚。
He wanted to die and assured me he would destroy himself.
他不想活了,要我让他自杀。
Then, he jumped out of the cabin window onto the ice and was taken away by the waves into the darkness.
他跳出了船舱的窗户,直直地落在冰面上。夜晚的波涛将他带入了黑暗之中。

分享到
重点单词
  • hatredn. 憎恶,憎恨,怨恨
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • companionn. 同伴,同事,成对物品之一,(船的)甲板间扶梯(或扶
  • revengen. 报仇,报复,复仇愿望,获得满足的机会 vt. 报仇
  • victimn. 受害者,牺牲
  • kindnessn. 仁慈,好意
  • eternaladj. 永久的,永恒的 n. 永恒的事