北师大版高中英语(必修4):Unit12 Lesson1 Culture Shock—Visiting Britain(2)
日期:2016-07-30 13:43

(单词翻译:单击)

And a word of advice.
一点建议。
To avoid getting confused about the British tipping system,
为了避免对英国小费制度的困惑,
you need to check your bill to see if a tip is included or not.
您要查看帐单上是不是包括小费。
If it isn't, I suggest leaving 10% of the bill for the waiter or waitress
如果不包括,我建议您给服务生或服务小姐留10%
- even a bit more if the service is good.
-甚至可以再多一点儿,如果您认为他们服务得好。
Talking of money - it's really easy to exchange traveller's cheques at banks or hotels
谈到钱,在银行或饭店兑换旅行支票非常容易,
so I advise you to get some of those before you come.
所以我建议您来之前准备一些支票。
I think we should consider staying in the English countryside for a few nights as I know you enjoy hiking.
我知道您喜欢远足,我想我们应该在英国的乡村住几天。
We can wander through the fields and even pick a few mushrooms to have with our breakfast!
我们可以在田野中漫步,甚至可以采些蘑菇和早饭一起吃!
I have learnt which ones are tasty and safe to eat so we won't risk getting sick!
我学会了识别那些蘑菇好吃又安全,所以我们不会冒生病的危险!
And don't forget a warm coat!
别忘记带保暖外衣!
It can get pretty cold and foggy in this country.
英国会很冷的,而且多雾。
One last thing, I didn't understand British humour at all when I first got here.
最后,我刚到时一点儿都不懂英式幽默。
The British find the strangest things funny!
英国人认为最奇怪的事情好笑!
We're certainly more used to Chinese humour
我们比较习惯中国式的幽默,
so don't be surprised if you hear laughter when you don't think anything's funny.
所以您觉得没什么好笑时听到笑声,不要感到吃惊。
They're not laughing at you!
他们不是在笑您!
But even though some British people are quite strange,
虽然有些英国人有点儿奇怪,
the majority of them are really friendly and I've made some good friends.
但是大多数人都很友好,而且我已结交了一些好朋友。
Anyhow, I'd better get back to work.
好了,我得回去工作了。
I am so looking forward to your visit, Aunt Mei!
梅姨,我期待着您的来访
Love Xiaojin.
爱您的小金

分享到