高中英语人教版第一册听力 Unit 17(附字幕)
日期:2012-02-24 13:31

(单词翻译:单击)

阅读理解
Unit 17 Great women Reading
17单元 著名的妇女 阅读
ALONE IN ANTARCTICA
孤身闯南极
At 50,I was the first woman to travel alone to the North Pole.
我在50岁的时候成了独自一人去北极旅行的第一位妇女。
But what should I do to celebrate my sixtieth birthday?
可是,我应该做些什么来庆祝自己60岁的生日呢?
What else,but a journey at the opposite end of the world,Antarctica.
没有别的庆祝方式,只有去地球的另一端南极洲。
I began my almost400-mile journey on November 1st,1997.
1997年11月1日,我开始了将近200英里的旅行。
I walked and skied alone.My dog team were not with me to pull my sled.
我一个人步行,一个人滑雪。我的狗群没有跟我在一起为我拉雪撬。
Another journey of challenge and danger was about to begin.
另一个具有挑战性而且危险的旅程要开始了。
The first days the weather was very good.
起初的那几天天气很好。
The wind was icy but not very strong
虽然冷风刺骨,但风力不大,
and there was bright sunshine 24 hours a day.
而且一天24小时阳光明媚,
But changes were just around the corner.
但是变化悄然而至。
On the third day I was struggling through stormy weather
第三天,我与暴风雪天气奋战了一天,
and during the next week the wind grew stronger
接下来的一周里,暴风雪更猛烈了,
and I found myself spending a whole day in my tent.
我只好在帐篷里呆了一整天。
I had travelled only two hours one day
一天我刚行进了两个小时,
when the winds increased so much
狂风就骤然加大
that I had to put my tent up before the winds became too strong.
我只好支起帐篷,以防风太大无法支持下去。
Within a few minutes the winds increased to a howling storm
几分钟内,风便狂吼起来
that threatened to blow me and my tent away,but none of that happened.
像是要把我的帐篷一并掀翻。但什么也没有发生
On November twelfth the storm died down.
12月12日,风暴渐渐退去
It was my birthday and I wanted to make that day special.
那是我的生日,我想让它过得特别一些。
I thawed a frozen cake over my fire,placed a candle on the top,
我在火炉上把一块冰冻的蛋糕融解,在顶上插了一根蜡烛,
lit it,and sang"happy birthday to me" at the top of my voice.
点燃它,扯起嗓子唱起了"祝我生日快乐"。
A few days later,I was moving forward over a slope that seemed safe
几天以后,我滑过一个看似安全的斜面坡
when suddenly,without warning,my world dropped out from under my skis.
结果毫无警告,我雪橇下的大地突然不见了。
I had fallen into a hole and was hanging on the ropes tied to the sled.
我掉到一个大坑里,挂在了系在雪撬上的绳子上。
A piece of ice fell down and I never heard it land.
一个冰块掉下去,我一直也没有听到它落地的声音。
The bottom was a few hundred feet below.
坑底离地面有几百英尺深。
I used to practise self-rescue many times in the mountains where I live
在我居住的山上,我曾无数次地练过自救,这时我
and carefully began climbing out.
小心翼翼地往上爬。
It took a long time but I finally got out.
花了我很长的时间,我终于爬了出来。
I was thankful for all the training I had had.
我真感谢我接受过的所有训练。
I was in good health and all of my equipment was working well.
我身体良好,而且我的所有的设备运转正常。
I was so optimistic that I decided that the next day,
我如此乐观,以至我决定第二天,
the 22nd day of the expedition,I would increase my workday to 12 hours.
也就是这次远征的第22天,我要把每天的工作量增加到12小时。
The next morning I had a bad accident with the sled and hurt my leg.
第二天早晨我在雪撬上出了一次严重事故,摔伤了自己的腿。
I couldn't stand on my left leg and my head was woozy from hitting the ground
我的左腿不能站立,由于与地面碰撞,头晕目眩。
But I knew that I had to get up.Lying on the ice,I would soon die.
但我知道,我必须站起来如果我一直躺在冰天雪地里,我很快会冻死的。
I struggled to my knees,
于是我挣扎着站起来。
knowing that somehow,I had to put my tent up for shelter.
我心中明白无论如何我得支好帐篷避风,
On hands and knees I got the tent up and dragged my sleeping bag into the tent
我爬起来跪在地上终于撑起了帐篷,把睡袋拖了进去,
and lay down out of the cold wind.
躺在了抵挡寒风的帐子里。
I had to make a decision.
我必须做出决定。
Wait to get better or give up?
是等待情况好转还是绝然放弃?
I had to think of my family,which is very important to me,and do the right thing.
我必须考虑对我来说非常重要的我的家人,并做出正确的先择。
I did so without regret,
我这样做无怨无悔。
I had met the challenges of solo travel in an extreme climate.
我面对了在极限气候下单枪匹马旅行的挑战。
It is experience I shall never forget and shall value for the rest or my life.
这是一次我将终生难忘的经历,而且它对我的余生意味无穷。
综合技能
Integrating skills Reading and writing Oprah Winfrey
综合技能 读和写 奥普拉•温弗里
Oprah Winfrey is not just a very successful TV personality in the US.
奥普拉•温弗里不仅仅是一位成功的美国电视名人。
She is also a woman who has inspired millions.
她还是一个激励千百万民众的女性。
In her television shows she makes it possible to talk about great moments
在她的电视节目里,她使得谈论重要事件成为可能。
and difficulties in people's lives.
人们生活中的困难
She has helped thousands of men and women
她已帮助成千上万的人们。
come to terms with things that bother them
心中有烦事
and that they could not talk about with others.
但又不便与他人交流。
Oprah's programme about literature,in which she reviews books is very popular.
温弗里的文学节目是评论书籍的很受欢迎。
When she praised a book,it will become a best-seller.
她每赞誉一本书,这本书一定会畅销。
Her life and her success are a good example for many women.
她的生活和成功是许多妇女的榜样。
Oprah Winfrey is a black woman whose rise to fame is an inspiring story.
奥普拉。温弗里是黑人,她的发迹很鼓舞人心。
She was born on January 29th, 1954 in a small village in America.
她于1954年1月29日出生在美国的一个小村子。
Her parents were very poor.For her family,life seemed to hold no promise.
父母很贫穷。对她们家来说,生活似乎是没有指望的。
Being black and a woman made life even more difficult in America at that time
在当时的美国,作为一名黑人妇女,生活更为艰难
But there was nothing that could stop Oprah.
但没有任何因难有够阻止奥普拉。
She was an extremely bright girl at school.
在学校里她是个非常聪明的学生。
She asked her kindergarten teacher to let her go to school sooner
她要求幼儿园老师让她提早上学。
and she also skipped the second grade of primary school.
她还跳过了小学一年级。
Her life from the age of six till about fourteen was very hard.
从6岁直到14岁,奥普拉过得很困难。
It was a time in which many sad things happened to her.
在此期间,她遭遇了很多不幸的事。
For many women such hardship would be too heavy to bear.
对许多妇女来说,如此艰辛太沉重了。
But not for Oprah.
但对奥帕拉并非如此。
When she was fourteen,Oprah went to live with her father.
14岁时,奥普拉去和父亲生活在一起。
Her father showed her how hard work and discipline could lead to self-improvement.
她父亲让她明白努力工作,遵守纪律能够提高自身素质。
Oprah listened to her father,and a few years later
奥普拉相信父亲的话,几年后,
she won a college scholarship that allowed her to go to university.
她赢得了大学的奖学金,并被允许上了大学。
In 1971,she began working part-time on a radio program.
1971年,她开始为一个广播节目做兼职。
Two years later, after graduation, she started working for television.
两年后,大学毕业后,她开始在电台工作。
For more that ten years
十多年里,
she worked for different TV stations across the country.
她在全国好几家电视台工作过。
In 1984,she moved to Chicago,
1984年,她移居芝加哥,
where she became the host of a talk show called "AM Chicago."
在那里主持一个叫《上午芝加哥》的脱口秀节目。
When Oprah started"AM Chicago" had few listeners.
刚开始时,《上午芝加哥》听众很少。
By September of the next year,
到第二年9月,
the show was so successful that it was given a new name:
这个节目就相当成功了,被称为:
"The Oprah Winfrey Show".
"""奥普拉。温弗里秀"
"Oprah's program
奥普拉的节目
has so far been shown on TV for almost years nonstop.
到目前为止在电视台已经播出20多年了。
Her show is one of the most popular television programs in history.
她的节目是历史上最受欢迎的电视节目之一。
She has won many prizes for her work in television and film.
由于在电视和电影方面的出色工作,她获得了很多奖项。
Oprah Winfrey's wonderful career inspires many people to believe that success and happiness in life
奥普拉。温弗里的成功事业激励着很多人去相信成功和幸福
are within reach for everyone.
每个人都会达到的。
Her life shows us that hard work and discipline are the road to self-improvement,
她的经历向我们表明努力工作,遵守纪律是自我提高的保证,
and success lies somewhere along that road.
而成功就在于此。
课后练习
Work book Unit 17 Great women
练习本 17单元 著名的妇女
Integrating skills Reading
综合技能 读
To the stars
成为明星
The men and women working on the space programme once were high school students
从事太空编程的人们曾经是高校的学生。
like you and me.
就像你和我。
They made their dreams come true.
他们梦想成真。
Read about the lives of two young women,who are now part of that great project.
阅读有关于两个年轻女人的部分生活计划。
The biggest problem was my feeling that I wasn't smart enough to do this.
最大的问题就是我感觉我做这事不够聪明
I had to believe in myself.
我必须相信我自己。
My teachers encouraged us to believe we could do anything and have it all.
我的老师鼓励我们要相信自己能行有能力征服。
I always loved all sorts of science,but I thought of maths as "Just a tool".
我通常喜欢理科,但我诊认为数学"仅仅是一个工具"。
My best subject was always English,and I think that it helped me a lot,
我最好的科目就是英语,我认为它帮助了我很多。
because good communication is so important no matter what your job is.
因为好的沟通对于你无论从事什么样的工作是很重要的。
Also,being good at English left me the time I needed
也因为我擅长英语使得我有一些空闲的时间。
to work harder on my maths.
去努力学习数学。
There is much yet to be discovered.
这里有更多的发现。
I believe the greatest inventions will be made
我相信会有最大的创造
when men and women combine their intelligence and creativity.
当男人和女人联合他们的智慧和创造力。
I was born in 1968 in a small town in northwest China.
我出生于1968年,中国西北方的一个小城镇。
In school I did well in maths and science.
在学校,数学和自然科目都很好。
I believe that is because I was interested in them
我确信这一点因为我对它们感兴趣。
and I asked a lot of questions.
我问了很多问题。
I was also lucky to have some excellent teachers.
我很幸运我有一些优秀的老师。
Change is the most important challenge of our time.
改变对于我们的时间来说是个最重要的挑战。
We have to go on learning new things and skills after finishing school.
完成学业之后我们还得继续学习新的事物。
Much of my knowledge comes from "on-the-job learning".
我的大部分知识都来自工作实践。
If you want to work on the space program,
如果你想从事太空编程
you should study maths,physics and computer science in high school.
你应该高校里学习数学,物理学和计算机。
You need them to understand the properties of matter
你必须弄懂这些事物的性能。
and the laws of the universe.
和它们的规律。
文本来源于在线英语听力室

分享到
重点单词
  • sheltern. 庇护所,避难所,庇护 v. 庇护,保护,隐匿
  • candlen. 蜡烛
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • intelligencen. 理解力,智力 n. 情报,情报工作,情报机关
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • polen. 杆,柱,极点 v. (用杆)支撑
  • extremeadj. 极度的,极端的 n. 极端,极限
  • sledn. 雪撬 v. 用撬搬运,乘撬
  • inspiringadj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的