(单词翻译:单击)
Module 6 Films and TV Programmes
重点句型
1. His romantic scenes with Yu Xiulian are very moving, as their eyes show all the love that they must not express in words.
他和俞秀莲之间的浪漫戏很感人,他们的眼神传递了所有的爱意,这种爱是不可以通过语言表达的。
2. Ask a young person in the street who the greatest American film director is, and you may get the answer Steven Spielberg.
如果你在街上随意问一个年轻人,谁是美国最著名的导演,你可能得到的答案是史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格。
3. But it is generally agreed, that he, more than anyone else in the history of films, understands the meaning of the word "entertainment".
但是,人们普遍认为,在电影史上他比任何人更懂得“entertainment”这个词的含义。
句型探究
1. Unusually, it is the female characters that interest us most.
跟以往不同的是,女性角色让我们更感兴趣。
unusually adv. “与往常不同的是”,副词可以单独放在句首,修饰整个句子。常见的修饰整个句子的副词有actually, certainly, clearly, definitely, evidently, fortunately, frankly, honestly, luckily, obviously, perhaps, possibly, probably, surely, undoubtedly, unexpectedly等。例如:
Unluckily, he failed in the examination.
不幸的是,他考试没有及格。
2. His romantic scenes with Yu Xiulian are very moving, as their eyes show all the love that they must not express in words.
他和俞秀莲之间的浪漫戏很感人,他们的眼神传递了所有的爱意,这种爱是不可以通过语言表达的。
该句是一个较长的复合句,as引导的是一个原因状语从句,该状语从句含有一个修饰love的定语从句that they must not express in words。
must 应该,必须,一定
①表示出于职责、义务该做某事
We must protect people's rights.
我们应该保护人民的利益。
②表示出于主观意识而必须要做某事
You must hurry up or you'll be late.
你必须得快点儿,不然会迟到的。
③表示禁止(用于否定句)
Smoking must not allowed in office.
办公室严禁吸烟。
④表示猜测、推测,常用于肯定句中。对现在或未来的事进行猜测时,后接动词原形;对已经发生的事进行猜测时,后接have + 过去分词。
You must be tired after working so long.
你工作这么久以后,肯定累了吧。
It must have rained last night for it is so wet outside.
外面这么湿,昨晚肯定下雨了。
3. Ask a young person in the street who the greatest American film director is, and you may get the answer Steven Spielberg.
如果你在街上随意问一个年轻人,谁是美国最著名的导演,你可能得到的答案是史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格。
本句是固定句型结构“祈使句+and / or+陈述句”,意为“干某事,那么就会……/ 干某事,否则就会……”。在此句型中,陈述句多用将来时态,祈使句相当于一个条件状语从句,有时还可以简化成一个名词短语。例如:
Come early and you'll see Andy Lau.
=If you come early, you'll see Andy Lau.
来早点,你会见到刘德华的。
Hurry up, or you'll be late again.
=If you don't hurry up, you will be late again.
快点,否则你又要迟到了。