每日词汇(4.29):owe欠债、感恩
日期:2008-04-29 10:57
(单词翻译:单击)
owe
基本义:欠(某人)债;应该向(某人)付出
I owe him ten dollars.
我欠他10美元。
How much do I owe?
我应付多少?
引申义:1. 感恩;感激
I owe you for your help.
我感谢你的帮助。
I owe you one.
我欠你一个人情。
2、应该把…归功于
I owe my success to my dedication.
我因努力而获得了成功。
We owe everything to you.
一切我们都应归功于你。
3. 怀有[现仅用于owe a grudge 怀有恶意]
She owes me a grudge.
她对我怀有怨恨。
4. 负有(义务)
We owe our parents a lot.
我们十分感激父母。
5. 欠钱
Actually you owe me more than this.
实际上,你欠我的不止这点钱。
【习惯用语】
owe it to oneself :认为自己有必要[不得不], 认为自己有责任
owe sth. to :把...归功于; 为...而应感谢
I owe my achievements to my beloved teacher.
我能取得今天的成就, 离不开恩师的教诲。
owe someone a spite[美国英语,俚语]have a spite against someone
【背句子记单词】
I owe you an apology.
我该向你道歉。
You owe yourself a rest.
你真的需要休息了。
重点单词