牛津上海版初中英语七年级(下册):Unit5 Read
日期:2018-04-09 17:44

(单词翻译:单击)

The happy farmer and his wife

快乐的农民和他的妻子

Long ago, there was a poor farmer called Fred.

很久以前,有一个贫穷的农民叫弗雷德。

Fred and his wife, Doris, lived in an old small hut.

弗雷德和他妻子,桃瑞丝住在一个又小又旧的木屋里。

One winter night, the Luck Fairy visited them.

一个冬天的晚上,幸运仙女拜访他们。

'Fred, you're a good and hard-working former. I'd like to give you three wishes,' said the Luck Fairy.

幸运仙女说:“弗雷德,你是一个勤劳的好农夫。我想满足你们三个愿望。”

Fred and Doris smiled at each other, and said, 'Thank you very much.

弗雷德和桃瑞丝相互笑了笑,说:“非常感谢你。

We don't need any wishes. Although we're old, we work in the fields every day.'

我们不需要愿望。虽然我们老了,但是还能够每天在田里劳动。”

'You don't earn much. I can give you some gold coins,' said the Fairy.

仙女说:“你们挣钱不多。我可以给你们一些金币。”

'Although we're poor, we live happily,' said Doris.

桃瑞丝说:“虽然我们贫穷,但是我们生活地很快乐。”

'Your hut is old and small, I can give you a big new house,' said the Fairy.

仙女说:“你们小屋又小又旧,我可以给你们一个又大又新的房子。”

'Although our hut is old and small, it's very comfortable, I like this hut very much.

“虽然我们的木屋又小又旧,但是很舒适。我非常喜欢这个木屋。

I've lived here with Doris for many years,' replied Fred.

我和桃瑞丝在这里住了很多年了。”弗雷德说。

'How about some beautiful clothes?' asked the Fairy.

仙女说:“送给你们一些漂亮的衣服怎么样?”

'Although our clothes are old, they're still comfortable.

“虽然我们的衣服破旧,但是穿起来还是很舒服。

They keep us warm in winter,' answered Doris.

我们在冬天穿起来很暖和。”桃瑞丝说道。

'You're not greedy, I like you very much.

“你们不贪婪,我很喜欢你们。

I hope other people will learn from you, I wish you happiness and health forever,' said the Fairy.

我希望其他人从你们身上学到很多东西,我祝你们永远快乐健康。”仙女说。

Then she disappeared.

然后她就消失不见了。

分享到