(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation one.
长对话一
You are a professor of physics at the university of Oxford.
你是牛津大学的物理学教授
You're a senior advisor at the European organization for nuclear research.
你是欧洲核研究组织的高级顾问
You also seem to tour the globe tirelessly giving talks.
你似乎还在世界各地不知疲倦地做演讲
And In addition, you have your own weekly TV show on science. Where do you get the energy?
此外,你每周还有自己的科学电视节目
Oh,well, I just love what I do. I'm extremely fortunate to have this life, doing what I love doing.
嗯,我喜欢自己的工作
Professor, what exactly is your goal? Why do you do all of this?
教授,你的目标到底是什么?你为什么要做这些?
Well, As you said, I do have different things going on.
就像你说的,我同时做着很多事情
But these, I think, can be divided into two groups.
但我认为,它们可以归为两类
The education of science and the further understanding of science.
教授科学和对科学的进一步理解
Don't these two things get in the way of each other?
这两件事不会互相妨碍吗?
What I mean is, doesn't giving lectures take time away from the lab?
我的意思是,上课不会占用实验室的时间吗?
Not really. No, I love teaching.
不太会
And I don't mind spending more time doing that now than in the past.
我不介意比以前花更多时间去做这件事
Also what I will say is that teaching a subject helps me comprehend it better myself.
我还想说,教授一门课程能帮助我更好地理解它
I find that it furthers my own knowledge when I have to explain something clearly.
我发现,当我必须解释清楚某件事时,它能进一步加深我自己的认识
When I have to aid others in understanding it.
当我得帮别人理解它的时候
And when I have to answer questions about it, teaching at a high level can be very stimulating.
当我必须回答关于这方面的问题时,高水平的教学是非常有带动性的
One, no matter how much expertise they may already have in the field, they are instructing.
不管他们在这个领域已经掌握了多少专业知识,他们都是在提供指导
Any scientific breakthroughs that you see on the near horizon?
在不久的将来,你能看到什么科学突破吗?
A significant discovery on venture we can expect soon?
有没有很快就会出现的重大发现?
The world is always conducting science and there are constantly new things being discovered.
世界一直在进行科学研究,不断有新事物被发现
In fact, right now we have too much data sitting in computers.
事实上,现在我们的电脑里有很多数据
For example, we have thousands of photos of planet mars taken by telescopes that nobody has ever seen.
例如,我们有成千上万张火星的照片,是用望远镜拍摄的,但是还没有人看过
We have them. Yet nobody has had time to look at them with their own eyes, let alone analyze them.
我们有这么多照片
Question 1. Why does the woman say she can be so energetic?
1.女士说她为什么能有这么多精力?
Question 2. What has the woman been engaged in?
2.女士说她从事的是什么行业?
Question 3. What does the woman say about the benefit teaching brings to her?
3.关于教学带来的好处,女士说了些什么?
Question 4. How does the woman say new scientific breakthroughs can be made possible?
4.女士所说的新的科学突破如何成为可能?