(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation One
对话一
M: Tonight we have a special guest from a local establishment, the Parisian Café Welcome!
今晚,我们的嘉宾来自巴黎咖啡馆 。
W: Hi, thanks for having me on your show.
谢谢你邀请我参加你们的节目 。
M: Thank you for joining us.
谢谢你加入我们 。
So please tell us, why did you decide to open a café?
请告诉我们,你为什么决定开一家咖啡馆?
W: Well, we saw the opportunity to offer something a little special and different from other establishments.
嗯,我们看到了一个机会,可以提供一些与众不同的东西 。
Cafés certainly are a very competitive market sector.
咖啡馆无疑是一个竞争非常激烈的市场领域 。
There are more than plenty in our city, and we felt they are all rather similar to each other. Wouldn't you agree?
这所城市有很多咖啡馆,而这些咖啡馆都十分相似,不是吗?
M: Certainly yes. So how is your establishment any different?
是的,你的咖啡馆有什么不同吗?
W: Well, simply put, we have rabbits wandering freely around the place.
简单地说,我们这个地方有兔子 。
Our customers come in and enjoy their food and drinks while little rabbits play about and brush against their legs.
我们的顾客进来享受食物和饮料,而小兔子玩耍,摩擦他们的腿 。
There is no other place like it.
其他地方没有像我们这样 。
M: That's amazing! How did you come up with the idea?
那太神奇了!你是怎么想到这个主意的?
W: We saw other cafés with cats in them. So we thought, why not rabbits? People love rabbits.
我们看到其他的咖啡店里面有猫 。所以我们想,为什么不养兔子呢?人们喜欢兔子 。
They are very cute animals.
兔子是非常可爱的动物 。
M: But is it safe? Do the rabbits ever bite people?
但是兔子安全吗?会不会咬人?
Or do any customers ever hurt the rabbits?
或者有顾客伤害过兔子吗?
W: It's perfectly safe for both rabbits and our customers.
兔子和我们的顾客都很安全 。
Rabbits are very peaceful and certainly do not bite.
兔子是一种非常温顺的动物,不会咬人的,
Furthermore, our rabbits are regularly cleaned and have all received the required shots.
而且,他们会定期对兔子进行清洁,还保证按要求对兔子们进行(免疫)注射 。
So there is no health risk whatsoever.
兔子们不会对顾客造成任何健康威胁 。
As for our customers, they are all animal lovers, so they would never try to hurt the rabbits.
来咖啡馆的客人都是动物爱好者,绝不会伤害这些兔子 。
Sometimes a young child may get over-excited, and they are a little too rough, but it's never a serious matter.
有时候,一个小孩子可能会变得过于兴奋,他们可能会变得有点粗鲁,但这从来都不是什么大事 。
On the contrary, the Parisian Café, offers a great experience for children, a chance for them to learn about rabbits and how to take care of them.
相反,巴黎咖啡馆为孩子们提供了一个很好的体验,让他们有机会了解兔子以及如何照顾它们 。
M: Well, it's certainly the first time I've heard of a café like that.
嗯,我第一次听说这样的咖啡馆 。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
根据你刚才听到的对话回答1-4题
1. What do we learn about the woman?
问题1:关于这个女士我们了解到了什么?
2. What does the woman say about Cafés in her city?
问题2:关于她所在城市的咖啡馆,这位女士说了些什么?
3. How does the Parisian Café guarantee that its rabbits pose no health threat?
问题3:巴黎咖啡馆如何保证兔子不会对健康造成威胁?
4. What does the woman say about their customers?
问题4:女士如何评价他们的顾客?