1、 Jean Wagner’s most enduring contribution to the study of Afro-American poetry is his insistence that it in a religious, as well as worldly, frame of reference.
A. is to be analyzed B. has been analyzed
C. be analyzed D. should have been analyzed
2、 I would have gone to visit him in the hospital had it been at all possible, but I ______ fully occupied the whole of last week.
A. were B. had been C. have been D. was
3. I apologize if I you, but I assure you it was unintentional.
A. offend B. had offended C. should have offended D. might have offended
解析：(B)此题要求在if从句中选择适当的动词形式，以主句中的动词apologize(抱歉)来看，if从句中表达的内容应该是过去做的事，因此可以排除(A)，因为(A)是现在时。(C)中should+have+过去分词结构表示本来应该做却没有做的事，在此不合题意。(D)选项中的might+have+过去分词表示对过去发生的事情很不肯定的猜测，它表达的内容还不能成为事实，所以藉此道歉真是不知从何说起，因此此处也不合题意。(B)had offended表示当时已经发生了的动作。这是复杂条件句：apologize 是现在，而条件句是表示对过去假设的条件句。
4. If you hadn’t taken such a long time to get dressed, we’d there by now.
A. be B. circles C. is circling D. be circling
5. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so it seems as if the sun ________round the earth.
A. were circling B. circles C. is circling D. be circling
6. If the Watergate Incident______ Nixon would not have resigned from the presidency.
A. did not occur B. had not occurred C. was not occurring D. be circling
解析：(B)had not occurred表示对过去的虚拟，条件句中要用过去完成式，主句中要用should(would, could, might)+动词原形的过去分词。
7. I hadn’t expected James to apologize but I had hoped ______ .
A. him calling me B. that he would call me C. him to call me D. that he call me
8. George would certainly have attended the proceedings ______ .
A. if he didn’t get a flat tire B. if the flat tire hadn’t happened
C. had he not had a flat tire D. had the tire not flattened itself
解析：表示对过去情况的假设，主句动词形式为would(should, could, might)+have+过去分词，条件句为过去完成式，if可以省略，但要把had提前主语前面。(B)，(D)的表达不符合英语表达习惯，所以(C)是正确答案。
9. The teacher suggested that her students ______experiences with ESP.
A. write a composition on their B. to write composition about the
C. wrote some compositions of his or her D. had written any compositions for his
10. He speaks Chinese as fluently as if he ______a Chinese.
A. were B. had been C. is D. has been