Part I Writing
Part II Reading comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. What does the woman feel about the beauty in the picture?
[C] Make-up can turn the ugly to be the beauty.
2. What do women tend to do nowadays to care for their skins?
[C] They tend to try natural vegetable on the face.
3. What is the skincare function of cucumber according to the woman?
[D] It is effective in tightening the skin.
4. What does the woman suggest the man do?
[B] Try some herbal plants.
5. Why are flavorings added to the paste?
[B] To give it a particular taste.
6. What would be a good reason for buying the product?
[A] It’s healthy food.
7. When will the new product be available?
[C] In about two years.
8. One thing that most touched my heart was that she would go to whoever was sick and just be with them.
9. When I looked at her and said “Bad girl,” She looked down at the ground and then went and hid. I saw a tear in her eyes.
10. People would stop and ask if they could pet her. Of course she’d let anyone pet her. She was just the most lovable dog.
Part III Listening Comprehension
11. [C] She would like to know about that problem.
12. [B] It is very interesting.
13. [A] Taking a train.
14. [C] The man should practice using the vocabulary.
15. [A] Choose other time.
16. [D] It will probably be cold.
17. [A] The woman bought too many skirts.
18. [B] In a hotel.
19. [C] It’s the easiest way to communicate with other users.
20. [A] It may not be of a high level of security.
21. [B] IE and Windows.
22. [D] Try to get a free E-mail account.
23. [D] Refrigerator and kitchen stuff.
24. [B] Advertise them on the university notice boards.
25. [A] It may not pay well.
26. [C] Delighted.
27. [B] Tell him the truth.
28. [C] Remember a couple of names first.
29. [A] Cycling around a lake.
30. [D] It needs water and electricity to keep its courses green.
31. [C] It uses fewer resources.
32. [B] To encourage people to go in for green sports.
33. [B] 3
34. [D] To get to know how to ask for financial aid.
35. [B] To make JohnsonReview popular.
44. rapid economic growth has fuelled an explosive expansion in car ownership
45. one of his aims was to promote cycling as safe, sustainable and environmentally friendly means of getting about
46. with some estimates saying the number of people cycling to work has almost doubled in the last five years
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47. She fell so in love with a description of the Southwest of the U.S. that she moved there.
48. As adventurous as the job sounds, the hard part is fact-checking all the information.
49. What do we know about Jarolim from the passage?
She is successful in her job.
50. I always loved traveling and always liked to eat, but it never occurred to me that I could make money doing both of those things.
51. What is one of the disadvantages of traveling as an air courier?
She cannot decide when and where to travel.
52. Why is the woman calling the delivery company?
[A] She needs some information.
53. What is the woman sending to her sister?
[C] Home-made candy.
54. What day is the day when the conversation takes place?
55. Which method will the woman probably use to send her package?
[D] Priority service.
56. According to the conversation, in the late nineteenth century, what could a man’s headwear reveal about him?
[C] His social status.
57. Tulips became popular among the upper classes because they associated the flowers with .
[A] power and prestige
58. In the tulip market, the Dutch bought and sold , which is similar to the futures market.
[D] unsprouted flowers
59. What does the author think about the age when the price of ever Internet stock skyrockets?
[B] It is madness.
60. when the market crashed, the prices of tulips fell by Percent of the highest prices.
[C] ninety / 90
61. What is regarded as the most recent version of the “tulip craze”?
[A] The American investors’ madness over Internet stocks.
Part V Cloze
Part VI Translation
82. If you are able to appreciate beauty in the ordinary (如果你擅于欣赏平凡中的美好), your life will be more vibrant.
83. Consider the bad times as down payment for the good times. (把苦日子当做好日子的首付), Hang in there.
84. You can’t change your situation. The only thing that you can change is how you choose to deal with it (你能改变的唯有面对它时的态度).
85. A person’s character isn’t determined by how he or she enjoys victory, (一个人的品行不取决于这个人如何享受胜利), but rather how he or she endures defeat.
86. No mater what, we all want to solve in a friendly way (我们都希望以友好的方式解决).