1. D) He wouldn’t look her in the eye.
2. B) cultural ignorance
3. C) increasing understanding people of other cultures
4. C) A personnel training company
5. B) He must get rid of gender bias.
6. D) It was well-intentioned but poorly conducted
7. D）He told him to get the dates right
10. differences and similarities
87. difficulty (in) keeping up with his classmates
88. wouldn’t have been caught by the rain
89. more likely to put on weight
90. What many people don’t realize
91. closely related to the lack of evercise
Section A 短对话
11. C) She has always enjoyed great popularity
12. B) They are going to have a holiday.
13. A) He was very courageous.
14. A) Buy a new washing machine.
15. D) He is not excited about his new position
16. B) The man offers to drive the women to the party
17. D) Finalizing a contract
18. C) She ordered some paper
19 Ａ）He can no longer work at sea
20 Ｃ）She passed away years ago
21 B) She has never got on with her father
22 Ｄ）He is excellent but looks bad-tempered
23 Ａ）Some of the packs do not contain manuals
24 D) solve the problem at her company’s cost
26. C) It’s entertaining
27 They may catch some disease
28 A) continue the feeding till it gets warm
29 B) He tells lies whenever he wants
30 Ｃ） She made him apologize
31 Ａ） move furniture for her
32 Ｃ） The atmosphere they live is unreal
33 D) He has too much to know the value of things
34 A) She has no time to do it herself (不确定)
35 Ｂ） The worship of money, beauty and pleasure.
36. concentrated 37. information 38. depends 39 straight
40 row 41 suspected 42 phenomenon 43 efficiently
44. Our second rule is this: it is better to study very briefly by often
45. Let’s say you’re trying to learn new but rather difficult English vocabularies using a stack of cards
46. The answer is: it is better to spread out the presentation of the words you are learning
47 C) require 48 G) painful 49 J) especially 50 K) enormous 51 H) mission
52 L) enhance 53 N) daily 54 F) performance 55 M) emotional 56 O) closer
57）It inspired many leading designers to start going green.
58）quality organic replacements for synthetics are not readily available
59）are gaining more and more support
60）She doesn’t seem to care about it
范文：Nowadays, many parents send their children to various classesin the children’s spare time. These classes can be classified into two categories. First, on school subject, their intention is to reinforce and enrich the children’s knowledge acquired in school by means of more clarification and exercises. Second, classes to cultivate children’s interest, such as classes in English, dancing, etc.
Children’s attending classes in their spare time has become a controversial issue. Those who are for it think that the pratice is good for the long term benefit of children and can enlighten children’s interest, broaden their horizon. Those who are against it hold the view that children have been deprived of their free timeby attending classes they are not interested and thus become mechanical learners, at the price of their own interests.
I think children should have the right to enjoy their childhood, and to play. But certain guidance by parents to attend some classes is necessarysince the parents havereasoning power and experince to raise the children to be prepared for their future with diversified interest and competence. But these classes should be refreshing and be able to attract children’s interest and not too much.