2017年12月英语四级(第1套)听力真题 短文(2)
日期:2018-06-15 17:34

(单词翻译:单击)

Well, if I could go back in history and live,
好吧,如果我能回到过去生活,
I'd like to go back to the 18th century and perhaps in colonial America in Yankee, New England,
我希望能回到18世纪殖民时期的美国新英格兰。
where one of my ancestors lived, because it was the beginning of something.
那是我祖先生活的地方,一切开始的地方。
By the 18th century, there was a feeling of community that had grown.
到了18世纪,社区意识开始并被人接受。
My ancestor was a preacher traveling around the countryside.
我的祖先是游历于乡村的牧师。
People lived in small communities.
人们居住在小社区里。
There were fisherman and farmers who provided fresh food that tasted and looked like food,
渔民和农民提供新鲜的食物,它们看起来和尝起来确实是食物,
unlike that in today's supermarkets, and there were small towns and New York wasn't that far away.
和今天超市中的食物不同。这里有一些小城镇,离纽约也不远。
I'm deeply attached to the Puritan tradition, not in a religious sense.
我深深迷恋着清教徒的传统,并非是处于宗教原因。
But they believed in working for something, working for goals. And I like that.
是因为他们坚信为了某事,为了目标而工作的理念。我很欣赏这点。
They worked hard at whatever they did, but they had a sense of achievement.
无论做什么,他们都很努力,有一种成就感。
They believed in goodness, in community, and helping one another.
他们信仰美德,信仰团体,信仰互助。
I love the colonial fabrics all the silver works, the furnishings, the combination of elegance and simplicity. I love it.
我喜欢殖民时期的织物、银器、家具,又优雅,又简洁。我很喜欢。
The printing, the books, I'm very attached to all that kind of thing
各类印刷品和书籍,我都非常喜欢,
that may not all be very entertaining in the modern sense of the world.
虽然这些在现代人眼里,并不是那么有趣。
But I would have enjoyed spending my evenings in that environment, discussing new ideas, building a new world,
但是我很乐意在这样的环境中度过夜晚,讨论新想法,建立新世界。
and I can see myself sitting on a small chair by the fire doing needle work.
我可以想象到自己正坐在火炉旁的小椅子上,做一些针线活。

Questions 19 to 21 are based on the passage you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的文章回答问题19至问题21。
Question 19. Why does the speaker say she would like to go back and live in the 18th century America?
问题19:说话者为什么说她想回到18世纪的美国生活?
Question 20. What does the speaker say about the Puritans?
问题20:关于清教徒,说话者讲了些什么?
Question 21. What would the speaker like doing if she could go back to the past?
问题21:如果可以回到过去,说话者想要做些什么?

分享到