(单词翻译:单击)
Passage Two
篇章二
County fairs are a tradition in New England towns.
县展售会在新英格兰小镇是一个传统。
They offer great entertainment.
这些展售会给大家带来极大的乐趣。
One popular event is the pie-eating contest.
其中一个很受欢迎的活动是吃派大赛。
If you want to take part in the contest, it is a good idea to remember these guidelines: first, make sure your stomach is nearly empty of food.
如果你想参加比赛,你得记得这些准则:首先,确保你的胃里几乎空无一物。
Eating a whole pie can be hard if you have just finished a meal.
如果你才吃完了一顿饭,可能很难再吃掉一整个派。
Next, it is helpful to like the pie you are going to eat.
其次,如果喜欢吃你比赛要吃的派,会占优势。
The cream types are a good choice. They slide down the throat more easily.
奶油派就是个不错的选择。它们更容易吞咽。
Placing your hands in the right position adds to the chances of winning.
把你的手放在正确的位置可以增加胜算。
There is a temptation to reach out and help the eating process.
手放在那里就会引诱着你伸帮自己一把。
This will result in becoming disqualified.
但这会导致被取消比赛资格。
Don't just sit on your hands.
不要想着靠你的手。
If your hands are tied behind your back, you will not be tempted to make use of them.
如果你的手被绑在背后,你就不会想用了。
Now you are ready to show your talent at eating pies.
现在,你就要准备好展示你吃派的能耐了。
The object, of course, is to get to the bottom of the pie plate before the other people.
目标肯定是比别人先吃完盘中的派。
It is usually better to start at the outside and work toward the middle.
通常,从外往里吃会好一些。
This method gives you a goal to focus on.
这个方法让你专注于一个目标。
Try not to notice what the other people near you are doing.
尽量不要注意你旁边的人在做什么。
Let the cheers from the crowd spur you on. But do not look up.
让人群中的欢呼声鼓舞你一直吃。但不要抬头。
All you should think about is eating that pie.
脑子里只有一个念头——吃掉这个派。
Questions 19 to 22 are based on the passage you have just heard.
根据你刚才听到的篇章,回答19至22题。
Question 19.Where is a pie-eating contest usually held?
问题19.吃派大赛通常在哪里举办?
Question 20.What should a person do before entering a pie-eating contest?
问题20.吃派比赛之前,一个人应该做些什么?
Question 21.Where is the person advised to put his hands during the contest?
问题21.这个人建议比赛时把手在哪儿?
Question 22.What suggestion is offered for eating up the pie quickly?
问题22.有什么建议被提出来可以迅速吃掉派?